Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
addict
OP Offline
addict
As we are slowly creeping up to the games first year post release, is it wishful thinking in having quest/story MOD content available any time soon...is it even possible for such a highly cinematic game?
Or is Baldur's Gate 2 in a league of its own for that kind of stuff? Still two decades later you can still play newly made content. Stuff like Colors of Infinity , The dreadful tales, or Athkatlan Grounds series quests for example : https://downloads.weaselmods.net/tag/colours-of-infinity/

Last edited by Count Turnipsome; 10/02/24 02:13 PM.

It just reminded me of the bowl of goat's milk that old Winthrop used to put outside his door every evening for the dust demons. He said the dust demons could never resist goat's milk, and that they would always drink themselves into a stupor and then be too tired to enter his room..
The main thing stopping us from doing it is Larian hasn't released BG3's toolset. They did with Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2. They stated at launch that a toolset would arrive. Although it's been 6 months and it hasn't arrived yet.

My theory behind this is console ports heavily delayed the toolset as they had to bugfix 4 separate platforms. (PC, Mac, PS5 and Xbox). Adding onto that reportedly the Mac port has been a disaster internally as they outsourced it to a company that wasn't able to deliver on its updates in a timely manner. I genuinely think Larian should've waited for the 1 year anniversary before releasing on consoles tbh.

addict
OP Offline
addict
Interesting.
If they do release the tool set it looks to be more likely with a BG3 "EE" version I guess.

It just reminded me of the bowl of goat's milk that old Winthrop used to put outside his door every evening for the dust demons. He said the dust demons could never resist goat's milk, and that they would always drink themselves into a stupor and then be too tired to enter his room..

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard