I don't know. I don't really like the conditional items, at least for the most part.

I don't want to hop on one leg to make my boots work, you know? This isn't hopscotch. It's like being at half your hit points for your items to work. That's not fun.

That said, I love Minthara's mace. Coating someone in Faerie Fire, that's interesting. And I'm okay with the ritual dagger, the one that gives a bonus if it does damage.

There's a fine line between interesting and annoying, though.

Example:

1. An item that immediately gives you a heal if your hit points go below fifty percent. Good. Useful. I can see why someone made that item.

2. An item that gives you an extra bonus action if your hit points go below fifty percent. Not good. In fact, it's just weird. Why would someone incentivize you to be below half your hit points? You don't want to be below half your hit points. That's a bad thing. And then some goofy item comes along trying to incentivize you to do that? What the heck? There may as well be an item giving you a +1 Str, but only if you don't have any gold in your party.

Really, I'm mostly upset about the Adamantine Forge. What a mistake. Those items look great, but the effect is terrible. Someone really needs to get a better sense of what kind of items work well in DnD.

Right now it's a hot mess.

Last edited by JandK; 27/02/22 08:28 AM.