Every time I play D&D, it brings me back to one of these threads because I see yet another broken mechanic in BG3 or it supports one I've already brought up.

So, I'm going to make another attempt to back up the need for more strict 5e especially in regards to Shove/Throw.

Monk isn't presently in the game, but when it is, it will be once again severely jacked up.

Way of the Open Hand - One of the most common types of monks
Monks of the Way of the Open Hand are the ultimate masters of martial arts combat, whether armed or unarmed. They learn techniques to push and trip their opponents, manipulate ki to heal damage to their bodies, and practice advanced meditation that can protect them from harm.

Open Hand Technique - The first ability you get
Starting when you choose this tradition at 3rd level, you can manipulate your enemy’s ki when you harness your own. Whenever you hit a creature with one of the attacks granted by your Flurry of Blows, you can impose one of the following effects on that target:

It must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw or be knocked prone.
It must make a Strength saving throw. If it fails, you can push it up to 15 feet away from you.
It can’t take reactions until the end of your next turn.

So, if present state of the game persists, I'm guessing Open Hand Monks will not be implemented as one of the subclasses in the game. Why? Because there is no knock prone, shove already is 15 feet or more away from a person, and there aren't any true reactions in the game other than Opportunity Attack.