Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by geala
- The Wildheart subclass seems kind of week to me, as you don't get two attacks, and what you get instead is not that impressing. I stopped playing a Barbarian tank, as with the changed AVC mechanics dealing damage is so much more important.

Eh... resistance against ALL damage (except psychic) is "not that impressive"? It's pretty much the best subclass for barbarians, bar none. Also, if you want an "extra attack", take the great weapon master feat.

Last edited by andreasrylander; 17/03/22 12:38 PM.
veteran
veteran
- The Wildheart subclass seems kind of week to me, as you don't get two attacks, and what you get instead is not that impressing. I stopped playing a Barbarian tank, as with the changed AVC mechanics dealing damage is so much more important.
Do we know that wildheart barbarians won't get 2 attacks at level 5? That's the level at which most martial classes get 2 attacks...

L
addict
addict
L
They surely will. At which point berserkers will get two plus their frenzied attack

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by andreasrylander

Eh... resistance against ALL damage (except psychic) is "not that impressive"? It's pretty much the best subclass for barbarians, bar none. Also, if you want an "extra attack", take the great weapon master feat.

It sounds great but my experience was not as good as with Berserker. Maybe my fault because I played the Wildheart as kind of tank with shield and onehanded. Despite the resistances he took much damage because the fights simply lasted longer. My group with the Berserker was quite superior. That does not mean that Wildheart isn't a viable option, "kind of weak" is in comparison to the performance of the other subclass.

What happens at higher levels I cannot say, of course.

Last edited by geala; 22/03/22 07:42 AM.
veteran
veteran
Once again i feel frustrated so Barbarians get free advantage for (almost?) ALL intimidation checks ...

I was thinking about Zariel Tiefling Barbarian to get exactly that outcome (bcs Thaumaturgy) but then i realized it would be wasted potential ... so i created Dwarf again. frown

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
old hand
old hand
I would never play as dwarf, too ugly. Halfelf it is. My biggest gripe with Barbarian is that Berserker does not get earrings and such. That and some of the most stupid dialog reactions I ever saw.

Last edited by geala; 01/04/22 03:51 PM.
veteran
veteran
How dare you? laugh
My Dwarf is example of beauty!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 01/04/22 04:30 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
old hand
old hand
Hmm, tempting, but .... I like men and women, however, to be honest, only without beards. Back to Shadowheart, it seems.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard