Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Gotta commend Larian's attention to detail... different races have different underwear crazy

"There are three things that are strength incarnate: there is love of life, there is fear of death, and there is family. A family that loves death would have a strong pull indeed." - Tamoko
enthusiast
enthusiast
Coming to this thread super late. I hope they let us choose underwear and type in the full release (or at the very least leave half-elves and elves alone, because I really like the leather briefs).

enthusiast
enthusiast
Well, id prefer to see it be "historical", then you wear a chemise, leggings and thats besically it, richer people wore splits (pantaloons thats open in the groin)... underwear is a modern thing... bras dident exist either, you had a stay wich is a early form of corset to keep everything in place... so yea im not to excited of the modern "teddy" or "bra & undie" combo... lets hope its placeholder stuff

Last edited by Aurora42; 08/06/23 02:35 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Umbra
"I would really like to see the sources for that being medieval underwear."

Look up Lengberg castle underwear, it was an interesting discovery.

I did that and now I'm convinced this is a hoax. My inner 5 year old refuses to believe that the authority on medieval underwear is named Dr. Nutz

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts...rths-600-year-old-bra-in-castle-5900805/

https://www.academia.edu/3225965/Al..._from_Lengberg_Castle_East_Tyrol_Austria

veteran
veteran
That we don't get to choose feels criminal... imagine being a game published in 2023 that tries to tell you that your choice and style of underwear is determined solely by your race and species and not, you know, individual character preference.

veteran
veteran
That would be best.

Could also be fun if it were tied to story events - you put on the nice underwear for a dance at Cazador's and left the leather set for adventuring.

veteran
veteran
so the boss likes to know his dancers don't have a dagger?

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ussnorway
so the boss likes to know his dancers don't have a dagger?

More like if you are dressing up you put on the nice undies. If you are going to have vampires in your story they shouldn't just be monsters that you meet in combat you should meet them in social interaction.

Vampires are seducers - they're a completely different type of evil than, say, a ghoul. "This person has impeccable manners and they just exude charm but there's something off about them" Imagine if the young, charming aristocrat was, in reality, a brutal serial killer.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Niara
[...] imagine being a game published in 2023 that tries to tell you that your choice and style of underwear is determined solely by your race and species and not, you know, individual character preference.

Well, I know a CRPG in which your access to special dialogue options, that allow you to uniquely paint your character as more bellicose/combative or diplomatic/peacemaker, is determined solely by your Race and not, you know, individual character preference. (Or some personality tag that you would have chosen at character creation, if one finds that letting players roleplay as they want in a CRPG is giving a bit too much agency to players.)

So, yeah, I think I can imagine a game, in which you can easily spend hours (cumulated or not) playing doll in the character creation screen, but in which your style of underwear and your list of available faces is determined solely by your Race, while your choice of overwear and starting equipment is determined solely by your Class.

veteran
veteran
Leather underwear for adventuring? Yikes!

If the Discworld MUD taught me anything, unless you're a barbarian, silk is the way to go. Especially for sanctioned inhumantions.

Last edited by Sozz; 08/06/23 08:14 PM.
B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Drath Malorn
So, yeah, I think I can imagine a game, in which you can easily spend hours (cumulated or not) playing doll in the character creation screen, but in which your style of underwear and your list of available faces is determined solely by your Race, while your choice of overwear and starting equipment is determined solely by your Class.
Don't forget Alignment and Undergarment Choices.
Pamper Yourself with our Silky Striperific Slips if Chaotic Evil, Earn Points for the Afterlife with Coarse Cloth Knickers if Lawful Good.

veteran
veteran
If you want to talk underwear customization, don't forget how KotOR did it! Only the Darkside gets to have fun.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Sozz
If you want to talk underwear customization, don't forget how KotOR did it! Only the Darkside gets to have fun.
To send mind to the gutter a Dark Technique is!

apprentice
apprentice
How tired of all sorts of hanjas who enter a game full of violence and sex scenes and tell me - a female player that I should be offended by beauty and sexuality! There are many games where there is no sexual content where you can't undress your character. No, all sorts of impressionable personalities have run into this particular game, into my favorite series, into my favorite universe, and they want to ruin my holiday! If something offends you, then go collect puzzles and do not stop everyone else from debauchery!

Volunteer Moderator
Online Content
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Akorolin
How tired of all sorts of hanjas who enter a game full of violence and sex scenes and tell me - a female player that I should be offended by beauty and sexuality! There are many games where there is no sexual content where you can't undress your character. No, all sorts of impressionable personalities have run into this particular game, into my favorite series, into my favorite universe, and they want to ruin my holiday! If something offends you, then go collect puzzles and do not stop everyone else from debauchery!

I don't believe anyone is expressing any sort of offence in these recent posts (I've not read back through all the old ones from last year). In fact, this seems mainly to be a a lighthearted and friendly thread, so let's try to keep it that way.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
Personaly i dont really need option to pick underwear for my characters ...
Sounds like lots of work for something we would barely ever even see.

Would be nice to pick that my character have none tho ... i mean, we know there will be nude models, dont we?
That sounds like cheap alternative to me. smile

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Im with Rag. Frankly im surptised they made different underqear models according to race to begin with, rather thsn just giving all rsces the same thing. Thats a weird detail to focus in on.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Personaly i dont really need option to pick underwear for my characters ...
Sounds like lots of work for something we would barely ever even see.

Would be nice to pick that my character have none tho ... i mean, we know there will be nude models, dont we?
That sounds like cheap alternative to me. smile

In the ideal situation, you'd be able to pick starting equipment and under that, a selection for picking casual clothes, and then beneath that, or within that menu if it was designed that way - subtle and ignorable if you wish it to be but present, the option to select an undergarment preference from all the variants they've already made for the game... and sure, 'none' would be one option amongst that. Ideally, your camp wear and undergarments could be something you could bring up the character screen for and change during the game as well, in some fashion.

addict
addict
In the ideal situation, you'd be able to pick starting equipment and under that, a selection for picking casual clothes, and then beneath that, or within that menu if it was designed that way - subtle and ignorable if you wish it to be but present, the option to select an undergarment preference from all the variants they've already made for the game... and sure, 'none' would be one option amongst that. Ideally, your camp wear and undergarments could be something you could bring up the character screen for and change during the game as well, in some fashion.

Wouldn't that make the game more tedious? With each long rest, not only do we need to talk to people, but in that case also swap our underwear. I'd rather work with the assumption that Withers washes out underwear while we rest and we put it back on before we leave the pocket dimension (cutscenes that will not make the final production). But if we are given the responsibility of changing our underwear ourselves, it would be a great mental burden not to perform that act each time we rest.

veteran
veteran
In the ideal situation, you'd be able to pick starting equipment and under that, a selection for picking casual clothes
This allready isnt "ideal" for me ...

Personaly i hated this nonsence in Dragon Age: Inquisition ...
Especialy since i found no way to change what my character is wearing until i get to skyhold.
And ESPECIALY Especialy since my main character was a Qunari Mage ... who was by system forced to change her "uncomfortable" loose airy robe ... for some stupid ugly tight pants and leather jacket. O_o
Sory not sory, it was just ridiculous.

I have no problem with casual clothing existence per se, but i see no reason for them to be another part of our equipment ...
Imho, casual clothing works just fine as regular pants and shirt items in your inventory ... actualy, just one item, since unless i remember incorectly BG-3 dont have separate pants slot ...
Something like: You want to change? Change.

But i certainly agree on that there should be MUCH more regular clothing findable, lootable and purchaseable ...
If for no other reason, then for Wizards who preffer regular pants and shirt over, how people around here call it, fancy bathrobe. laugh

all the variants they've already made for the game...
This may be second problem tho ... i dont really think they made any to be honest.

Dont get me wrong, yes i noticed that some races have different underwear. But i believe that is just part of their model body.
Like, when they get undressed for romance scene, that involves sex ... they dont "unequip" their underwear, they litteraly swap body for naked one. laugh
You can think about it as ... permanent bodypaint!

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard