Hi folks!

Time for an update on the state of halflings in patch 7! I'll make a statement up top just to be clear on things: I don't use any mods for the game, and everything I post is directly from in-game screenshots.

First things first, the new Barbarian armour highlights an issue that is now clear to see:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Regardless of what head you pick, male or female, Halfling models display an extremely distended neck. Some armours disguise this issue, but others, like the new barbarian armour, make it particularly visible. Can we please add this to the list of details that needs adjusted with the halfling models.

Halfling females are (still) using male halfling poses and animation idles for sitting, despite all other races having distinct poses and idles for male and female bodies. Small sized characters of all body types still cannot sit properly in many chairs; most of the common and simple ones have been corrected, but many have not.

Next up, I want to brush on the shooting of cinematics again – The issues raised in my other posts, related to the dream sequences, and to character choreography, are all still largely unaddressed:

I know, Jaija, I'm displeased too...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Many of the interpersonal cinematics in game (especially within the dream sequences) are still full of shots that make no relational sense for having a small character involved; this is true regardless of whether your character is small, your daisy is small, or even if you both are.

Though they've neatened up a lot of the hand shots in various ways – not all of them, but some of them, and in some cases they've done so, it seems, by letting the hands morph/stretch to a larger size to meet up with the intended pose points, which, once you're looking for it, is really messy and hard to not see.

Might be worth pointing out that we seem to have lost the burning city as well... Either that or we really razed that place good.

Now; for the most part, in the dream sequences, they've tided up and refined most of the camera angles and positions for small sized characters, so that you can at least see what they're trying to show you most of the time – this is an improvement over previous patches where halfling players were left looking at grass for most of some of the dreams; that's a step in the right direction, even if the actual choreography for small characters is still unsuitably using the same marks as medium-sized characters, without any considerations being made.

Another poster drew me to double check Minthara's scenes as well, and unfortunately they're still suffering the same issues as outlined in my other thread for them – though even without skipping any dialogue and letting the animations progress at their own pace, we still end up with this situation, with halfling characters:

Yikes.

Astarion's new scene is in as well, but I'd like to take a separate thread to talk about that, when I've got everything together; the comments will relate too everyone, not just small characters - though I do appreciate the addition of being able to kick him in the groin.