Originally Posted by kanisatha
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
My god if Solasta had half the budget of BG3...wed have a legendary game.
Cannot be said any better than this.^

The ONLY shortcoming of Solasta is that it is low-budget, with all that a small budget entails. Every single thing about that game that someone could complain about is easily fixable with more resources available to the devs. So, no inherent limitations the way BG3 has built-in limitations (toilet-chain party movement, for example).

I only need two more things for Solasta to be awesome for me:
(1) Level cap raised to level 20.
(2) Multi-classing.

One thing I will say about Solasta as a negative that I'd also like to see - well maybe more than 1:

- Feats kinda stink. I'd have liked to see more traditional 5e feats implemented - Spear Mastery, for example. And what's the point of giving us languages if you're not really using them - or the Comprehend Languages spell? If it doesn't have a value or use, just don't have it in the game. (Maybe for future state, is what I'm thinking.)
- Replayability. I think one of the ways BG3 is far superior to Solasta is that almost all the dialogue is the same regardless of how many times you play through it. I'd have rather had less voice acting and more dialogue branches than voice acting and pretty much no variations in dialogue. Almost every conversation, though they give you options, is the same because your options are typically required to select before you can move on with the conversation. You can either select dialogue option 1 or 2, but before the conversation continues, you must choose both. It just depends on which one you want first. There are times this is not the case, but the variations are rather limited. So, replayability is MUCH less enjoyable than BG3.

Example: in the Dark Tower, you talk to the blonde lady. This has some replayability because if you Persuade and succeed, you have a different ending than if you fail or if you choose another option. That was good for replayability. However, in Coperann, when you're talking to the Baron or the Cenard, etc. there is pretty much no variation for most conversations. The options they give you MUST both be triggered before you can move on. SO not replayable-friendly.