BG1 was the very first RPG video game I ever played, and as such is the game that introduced me to the genre (on computer; I'd been playing TT D&D for several years before BG1) and also made me love that genre forever. I subsequently played both BG games dozens of times, although I have favored the first game over the second game because I love that feeling you get playing low level where everything is dangerous and scary and death can come at you from around every corner. I also love the open exploration areas in BG1, because for me the joy I get from playing these games it is not just about combat encounters or even quests but actually role-playing my characters and my party.

The games themselves have not become "old" for me yet. However, certain mechanics and gameplay elements, quality of life elements, and to some extent the low-res graphics have caused me to dial down on playing them these days, because I do now have games like the PoE and Pathfinder games I can also replay, which I enjoy playing a lot too. So it is no longer only the IE games that I have to rely on for scratching that old nostalgic itch. I now have additional choices. smile