Agreed. Unfortunately, I think there’s a big reason being evil will never be as fun in BG3 as it is IRL.

The scene with Dror Ragzlin was the most fun I had with the tadpole because the stakes felt high. I had walked the party to the middle of the throne room to see what would happen. If he had figured the party out, we would’ve been in for a tough fight.

However, the stakes were high because I purposely played poorly, exposing the entire party at once. Also, once I felt the conversation with Dror taking a dangerous turn, I could have moved the PCs not engaged in dialogue to the rafters to hide and wait.

That mechanism alone makes it quasi impossible for the game to ambush the party and then start a dialogue to make the tadpole relevant. That dialogue gives the party plenty of time to get into position, prepare relevant spells and items, cast a few buffs, lay down some traps etc…

Hence the problem: evil is supposed to be the easy way out, the shortest line between desire and acquisition. But the game is so thoroughly cheesable that being evil doesn’t actually make anything easier.

Between kneeling to the Absolute or shoving Her in lava, I’ll pick the option without the pointless dreaming.

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.