Originally Posted by The Composer
5E RAW isn't exactly balanced either.

BG3 isn't far off from being a decent interpretation, what I'd change is just set shove back as an action, remove enemy levels completely and build their statblocks with their statblocks from PHB, remove Wizard's ability to learn any spell, revamp long rest usage so it can't be spammed or has some sort of investment in how that is interacted with in correspondence with action economy, and balance encounters around that as you would in traditional D&D.

The "Gotta be 100% RAW omg the world is going under" craze baffles me, as I doubt any game you've ever played has been completely RAW and correctly interpreted and applied every single rule from the PHB from beginning to end. And if that happens to be the case, it was likely a very dull, rule-lawyering and boring experience.

Basically BG3 doesn't have to completely and religiously stick to PHB as written, no D&D adventure should, but the homebrew and adaptions to fit the experience you're trying to make should be made in the right places, not arbitrary with wide ripple-effects, such as shove being a bonus action.

While I could agree with most of it, raw will not work for stats.
Most of the 5e campaigns are low magic campaigns, which means players shouldn't have too many (or even no) magic items, which definitely won't happen in BG3.
This means that the enemies should be stronger enough to challenge the player.