Originally Posted by The Composer
Just being a video game in its nature reduces the diversity of gameplay choices as far as being compared with tabletop. Disguise self, skywrite, pretty much any roleplay-centric spell that is meaningless for checks in dialogue or for combat loses its value with the lack of a DM and the improv that occurs around the table. As a RP first guy, (combat is like 6th on my list of preferred activities in tabletop), I suppose that's why I'm more lenient on a whole towards not treating nor expecting "D&D the video game" from any video game, ever. If I want to play D&D, I gather friends or find random players for Foundry VTT (screw Roll20...).

I think I have reasonable expectations, which is why this poll is about combat, and not about divination, or illusions, or wish, or a ton of other things. I never hoped for those things in the first place. I'm going into this as an experienced PC gamer as well. I believe that there are better ways to give players more interesting choices and much more varied gameplay than what has been implemented, and it just so happens that those systems have already been iterated and balanced before!