Originally Posted by Alealexi
Can't deny that it still plays and feels like 5e and it gets closer to RAW with each patch.

Yes, I most definitely can... It does not feel or play like 5e. It does so only with the vaguest and most lenient of descriptions... to the point that many other unrelated fantasy rpgs would also fit the criterion.

What I'm more curious to hear about, actually, is how you arrived at the '85% 5e' figure.

Legitimately, I'd like to know how you got to that number - what you weighted in as accurate and faithful and what you looked at as not so, to deliver this percentage?

==

For the record: I'm with Icelyn on her statement. The bonus action restriction is an arbitrary, unfounded and ultimately pointless restriction in 5e, and a flaw in its ruleset that was place in due to legitimate concerns from older editions which, due to 5e's design, were not actually legitimate concerns in 5e. It's unnecessary and does not belong (and, in fact, it actually runs against 5e's original design philosophy and creation style). It does not create imbalance or unfairness, and it does not create gain that is not sufficiently balanced by cost. There are three instances where this is not the case - and those three specific instances require specific rules which would take command over the general rules for spellcasting (one is quicken spell, and the others are two specific ba/action spell combinations). The Ba limitation punishes all spellcasters needlessly, and it needs to go. It's good that it's gone, here. I don't play at a single table that uses the rule, and it has only increased the enjoyment and decreased frustration for everyone to dispense with it.

Last edited by Niara; 28/04/22 12:23 PM.