I completely understand this is not a Kickstarter. I was refferring to content information and promises as to how the game will look like in the end. I have in mind a roadmap with content goals as of a progressing development and a plan on how to integrate said new content. I think having a clear look and setting promises on a Kickstarter as of the final image of a product is way more risky than setting goals on a constant developmental environment. That is all I'm saying in regards to the comparison. I'm assessing how logical, if at all it is to cut such slack for Larian as of Miravlix's comment.

Why Early Access?
“Through releasing Divinity: Original Sin and Divinity: Original Sin 2, we’ve learned that working directly with our players during development makes our games better. RPGs this large, with so many avenues for player choice and exploration, thrive from feedback as new features and fixes are incrementally added to the game.

Early Access gives players a chance to participate in development, and it gives us an opportunity to explore different game ideas with a live community to find what works best. We want to learn how you play the game and use that to make it a better experience for everyone.

How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
“Since we announced BG3, community discussion and feedback has shaped what we’ve said and done. Though we have a strong vision for the game that runs throughout our team of 350+ people, our goal is to create a game that gets our audience – you! – excited, and to maintain a healthy relationship with those who take the time to provide feedback and help us to improve.

We use data collection tools to help us better balance the game, but we also listen to feedback wherever conversations about BG3 are happening and we use that to drive internal debate. Working with your thoughts, feedback and gameplay data helps us to better understand how our ideas are received and how they can be improved.”

This is how this EA is still advertised. Do you feel this is accurate at all ? If so, why are mechanics like shove, rogues still the way they are, while there are countless analytical posts from people in this very forum laying it all down? Also I have aknowledged these changes you mention in my comment characterising them as shallow, in terms of the longitude of the EA (undestandable since I didn't clarify). Of course, that's all in comparison to the current technical image and gameplay design and philosophy of this game.

They do, obviously read opinions. Addressing massive concearns for publicity in the earliest state of this EA was what they did, as mentioned in my comment "strategically addressed". When they changed the dice and surfaces I remember articles popping everywhere about how Larian splendidly handles their communications and that they listen to the community, which in light of the last year in this EA, not true, at all. What makes credible acquaintances is consistency, and not superficiality.

Do you feel they addressed any other critical concerns in such a meaningful approach? I can't see 1 Dev comment in any of Niara's analytical posts or any other concentrated feedback people have pulled out stating concerns or contemplating credibility of said analysis. Literally NONE...

Last edited by SilentRave; 10/05/22 02:03 PM.