Originally Posted by virion
They exist it's just they used to be humans.
Or rather they were made out of Kith's souls. I don't think their nature is completely understood by Watcher. At least their aspects seem to be adopted from individual Kith who lived up to Gods ideals, but I am still not 100% sure how god's conciousness works in PoEs universe. They seem to me to be more like complex constructs (think advanced AI) then individuals who ascended to godhood.

Originally Posted by Sozz
Humans are fallible, gods are not (in their domains anyway) so are there really gods, basically we learn that the gods are making it up as they go along.
It depends. In Christian religion God is indeed all knowing and infallable, but in Greek/Roman mythology they are certainly flawed (so they are in many others I think). In PoE their aim is to shepard humanity - cosidering Eora works on reincarnation there is no afterlife or "future hope" the aim is for reasonable present and what is best for Kith's future. Are Gods in Eora enforcing order and giving people hope as Thaos claims? If one believed in guidance offered by Gods, learning of how they came to be doesn't necessarily change it. Or does it? I found different answers for different characters.

Look what you made me do:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]