Originally Posted by GM4Him
The amount of frustration debating endlessly over different things and getting very little feedback from Larian has left a REALLY bad taste in my mouth. I wanted to post suggestions to help improve the game. I never knew I'd be sometimes arguing over the tiniest things in an empty vacuum for almost 2 years.

Take party of 6. All Larian has to do is say yes or no. Just, "Yes. We'll provide an option for players to have up to 6 if they want.". Or "Nope. Not gonna happen. Too many issues.". Or whatever.

But instead, we keep spinning round and round and round and round, saying the same things over and over again.

Whereas the community management and communication leaves much to be desired, what you mention is not as much a failing of Larian as it's on certain vocal parts of the community and their incredibly stubborn entitlement issues. Beyond the initial stages, the circular debate clearly degenerated into a protracted exercise in futility kept alive by a tiny minority of fans unwilling to let go. Swen Vincke stated months before EA started that they had decided on a party limit of 4, but that 6 could have worked as well. He rejected the notion of being *mechanically* faithful to the original as they weren't looking to simply recreate the game and times had changed. No further communication on the subject, is in a way still communication given the the scope of changes required making the likelihood of change incredibly small as time passed on.

This becomes even more clear when you consider the turn-based vs real-time "discussion". Both are core mechanics that would require too much resources for simple minority fan-service. BG fan-service that would conflict with expectations and mechanics of a new generation of D&D. A small fraction of BG3-players on full release will have played the original series, and only a small fraction of those again are wed to the mechanics of a quarter of century old game. I myself played the original series when it first came out and played the enhanced version again when that was released. It was a clear reminder to any objective mind that, despite its greatness, indeed times had moved on.

Your mistake was not managing your expectations well.

Last edited by Seraphael; 26/05/22 08:08 AM.