Just to say... Early Access exists specifically to find bugs and make tweaks, major changes are going to be few and far between. Admittedly, they did release to EA seemingly kind of early, but its honestly hard to know. We've also gone a while without any major announcements, which is aggravating, but eminently understandable at this point in history.

Normally, yeah, I'd be complaining by now. But seriously, the majority of development has now come at a time which can hardly be considered normal. And not just the pandemic. Many of us are in the US... how concerned would you be about a war happening a few states over? Say, Ohio invaded Kentucky and you live in Colorado? You might even have friends and family you were hugely worried about. Also, please tell me you've noticed they've gone from 7 locations to 6. I haven't actually heard any news or announcements (yes, I've been kinda busy, now you mention it), but I'm guessing that 7th location isn't hugely productive right now, and if it is, they aren't really excited to advertise that fact.

As for it being a good decision? Who knows? They're probably kind of trading ongoing income for some of the major release day bang. But you also have idgits like me who bought a Stadia specifically for this game, saved up $4000 for a PC and bought it again. My little brother just bought it about a month ago. Guy I work with is waiting for full release, because he knows he doesn't like EA for anything. Reviews for EA will get swamped during release day, good or bad. I've reviewed twice, guarantee both will be updated within a week of full release.

Last but not least... This is not mainstream fandom. Don't get me wrong, we have our loud annoying Chads. They happen. I've been a fan of Baldur's Gate since before the first game started development. I remember traveling there in the mid 90's. My friends and I pooled our money and bought Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast the day it released. Most of us have been waiting for this game for decades. Including a lot of the people who are working on it.

I have faith in them.

Last edited by Mindgame26; 28/05/22 09:05 PM.