Originally Posted by JandK
It was a cute little video intended to show off Larian in a human light. One of the things they're most praised about online for BG3 is the way they've given the player so many avenues and choices. Plenty of players like that they can skip Shadowheart and see her show up later at the druid's grove.

This video showcases that work. It does so in a somewhat humble and humorous way, illustrating the size of the workload they've tackled while admitting that they still have to rely on the occasional clumsy and heavy handed scene if the player actively ignores every other obvious path.

What I suspect they weren't doing was asking for advice from every armchair game designer on the planet.

I can concur that to err is human and we can all forgive mistakes to an extent. In this instance, and I admit I am being unfavourably harsh here, is that it was a totally legitimate idea which was implemented poorly. It seems bizarre to release a video admitting this, something along the lines of an attempt to garner sympathy.

As to your last point, I sort of feel that is the point of EA no? And also in a roundabout way, this video of supposed humility on their part actually gives them the perfect excuse when it comes to not implementing some much requested features because of the hiccup in the road that this box narrative is apparently presenting and the resources required to rectify it.