Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
You already can zoom you camera quite close to the character as if it is in a third person mode, BUT the controls stays the same, so you still need to move camera manually AND click on the ground to move your character(Auto-run mode with holding your scroll button is no better). I suggest that after a certain zoom point you controls shift towards WASD movement with a fixed camera behind your character(like in DA:O basically). That will make your exploration more comfortable, and also am I the only one who thinks that transition into a cutscene from the current camera angle seem a bit awkward? Third person would fix that for me. Graphics is so cool, let me see the details closer.

add hexblade warlock, pls
veteran
veteran
Oh Gods anything but this again. :-/
Hated that shit in Dragon Age ... if you need to do something like this, please give us option to turn it off for good!

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
OP Offline
More options is always better. But current implementation is worse

add hexblade warlock, pls
veteran
veteran
+1

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by mercurial_ann
am I the only one who thinks that transition into a cutscene from the current camera angle seem a bit awkward?
No you are not - it doesn’t bother me as much as I first started the game, but such drastic switch in perspective is jarring.

I am playing currently Dragon Age: Inquisition, so I have been thinking about that very point - chaining system is god-awful, so it’s not like there is even much benefit to having wider view. I feel like implementing full one third person control system would be quite an undertaking, and personally I would vote for improving what we have over adding a new half baked control scheme on top. But hell, whatever.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
+1 to this... not necessarily a free camera, but at the very least the ability to tilt the camera along the z-axis so that I can see someone a level above me when zooming out all the way doesn't work. It happens way too often that someone is a level above me, my characters can "see" them to attack, but I, the controller of said characters, cannot see what could be in the way or where the enemy is exactly.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
+1 to this... not necessarily a free camera, but at the very least the ability to tilt the camera along the z-axis so that I can see someone a level above me when zooming out all the way doesn't work. It happens way too often that someone is a level above me, my characters can "see" them to attack, but I, the controller of said characters, cannot see what could be in the way or where the enemy is exactly.
Until they (if ofc) implement such option ...
You can target those enemies by their portraits in turn-order interface. wink

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown

Link Copied to Clipboard