Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ALexws Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I just started a new play-through after the mini patch. and I found out I can't open laezel and shadowheart's inventory and their spellbook. so I can't switch spells for SH or give axes to laezel. I hope it's just a bug?

Last edited by ALexws; 25/02/22 01:11 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
This issue has appeared with the latest hotfix, a couple of days ago. Due to excessive amount of communication from Larian, it is still not clear whether it's a bug or a feature.

old hand
old hand
Any more news on this issue ? I restarted a run after a long pauze and now just joined with Laezel on the Nautiloid. I can't pass items from my inventory to her and vice versa, which is a big setback.

old hand
old hand
I uninstalled and reinstalled, but it didn't help.

So the other partymembers have no inventory. Pushing the inventory button, n, They are shown in a screen like any monster would.
They cannot pick up or loot items, only the player can do that
The player cannot transfer items to other teammembers

Playing the campaign like this is impossible .

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ldo58

So the other partymembers have no inventory. Pushing the inventory button, n, They are shown in a screen like any monster would.

It's only this way in the opening on the Nautiloid. The game is treating them as not really being in your party.

It changes on the beach after the Nautiloid. You once again have access to your companions' inventories, and you can use them to pick up items.

veteran
veteran

If this is during the initial part of the game with Lae'Zel and Shadowheart on the Nautiloid, that's intentional and expected behaviour.

If you still have inventory issues after reaching the mainland, I'd suggest checking that \Root\AppData\Local\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3\Mods directory is empty, then make a new player profile in the game's main menu and start a new campaign to see if that resolves it. (Mods are profile-bound, and making a new profile sometimes helps with reverting to a blank slate in terms of what the game tries to load / expects to load)

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by JandK

It's only this way in the opening on the Nautiloid. The game is treating them as not really being in your party.

It changes on the beach after the Nautiloid. You once again have access to your companions' inventories, and you can use them to pick up items.

Thanks for the response. I didn't know that. It's confusing when the gamerules change so dramatically .
So I have this suggestion : In the nautiloid there are already lots of popups to give some introductory info.
When I want Lae'zel to pick up the dead imp's axe, why not show a popup explaining that this is disabled until the next chapter, instead of .... nothing.
When i look at my player's inventory, show the other partymembers' names, but grayed out, with a hovertext explaining that the transfer feature will only be enabled in the next chapter.

I don't quite understand the rationale of this change.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by The Composer

If this is during the initial part of the game with Lae'Zel and Shadowheart on the Nautiloid, that's intentional and expected behaviour.

If you still have inventory issues after reaching the mainland, I'd suggest checking that \Root\AppData\Local\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3\Mods directory is empty, then make a new player profile in the game's main menu and start a new campaign to see if that resolves it. (Mods are profile-bound, and making a new profile sometimes helps with reverting to a blank slate in terms of what the game tries to load / expects to load)

I am still on the nautiloid. Did I miss a popup that says these features are temporarily disabled ?

veteran
veteran
I don't remember whether or not it's visualized for the player, though I too am of the opinion that it's a little confusing, particularly if coming from previous patches when it was possible. I don't know the reasoning behind locking off inventories during the intro, but I know it's because they're not technically companions at that point, only followers (lingo on how things work under the hood), and by proxy, I assume bugs were occurring because of fiddling with inventories during the intro. This is just personal speculation though, to be clear.

But yeah, it's not a bug then if that's the case and you can play on comfortably knowing that your game isn't broken smile

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by The Composer
I don't remember whether or not it's visualized for the player, though I too am of the opinion that it's a little confusing, particularly if coming from previous patches when it was possible. I don't know the reasoning behind locking off inventories during the intro, but I know it's because they're not technically companions at that point, only followers (lingo on how things work under the hood), and by proxy, I assume bugs were occurring because of fiddling with inventories during the intro. This is just personal speculation though, to be clear.

But yeah, it's not a bug then if that's the case and you can play on comfortably knowing that your game isn't broken smile

OK, I started a new game with a Drow wild magic sorcerer.

It does feel a bit ridiculous and counter-immersive when there's a battle axe lying on the floor. I'm not going to pick it up with my 10 STR, and Lae'zel can't.
And I have a bow and a crossbow. Shadowheart has no ranged weapon and I can't give her one of mine.
If basic game logic is sacrificed for technical reasons, then I think you're on the wrong path.

Link Copied to Clipboard