Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
As the title says, when I attempt to download the game on Steam, it doesn't work. Specifically, the game will get to 80.64 GB out of 80.79, and then the download will stop. If I attempt to continue the download it will start it up again, before it instantly pauses. If I click downloads at the bottom of steam, it says corrupt download, and if I attempt to boot up the game through the Desktop shortcut, I get a really long error message, as follows:

"An error occurred while updating Baldur's Gate 3 (corrupt download):
qn-00201-frptnyf[d03-0222227a-2.steam.content-dnld-1.qwilted-cds.cqcloud.com/cache8-iad1.steamcontent.com/depot/1086941/chunk/3008bdac6accc81ff6f854a750eda8cef330eb14"

I've tried clearing Steam's download cache and library cache, and a whole bunch of other solutions steam and others suggest. my memory has no issues, i've tried downloading from a different region, re-installing steam, I've tried installing the game on my SSD instead of the HDD, and I've tried deleting any folders on my computer having anything to do with BG3 among other thing, and all attempts give me that same exact error. This is also ONLY happening with Baldur's Gate 3. Any other download I attempt to have Steam do works just fine, So I was wondering if anyone else has had this same issue, and what fixed it for them, or if anyone knows what I can do to fix it. Got the game really early when it first came out, and I didn't have this issue back then, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

veteran
veteran
You should probably email support@larian.com about this, but some initial first ideas I have is...

Do you have a limited amount of storage left on your harddrive? If Steam doesn't have enough space beyond the 80GB it might struggle to move and process files around.

You can also try clearing Steam's download cache. Instructions how here.

Link Copied to Clipboard