Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
Also, if the engine can't handle dynamic lighting (kinda weird for a 3D cinematic RPG, but maybe there's a way to trick us into thinking the light is changing when it's not), then could it possibly do weather effects? Maybe having different or occasionally different weather after long rests could be good. There is such thing as sunshowers. It would give us more ambient effects and extinguish old fire patches, like at the Nautilloid or Waukeen's Rest after completing the burning inn quest.
Oddly, there’s only one weather effect in the game, and the way it’s implemented breaks immersion rather than adds to it. There’s a single cloud waiting to ambush your party outside the Blighted Village. Rain triggers if the party is in a specific zone, abruptly starting and stopping in a noticeably unnatural way.

I really like the suggestion of using weather to differentiate consecutive days. It would help sell the illusion of time, as well as add that extra bit of strangeness to the underdark (which has no weather) where time would seem to stand still compared to the surface.

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Flooter
I really like the suggestion of using weather to differentiate consecutive days. It would help sell the illusion of time, as well as add that extra bit of strangeness to the underdark (which has no weather) where time would seem to stand still compared to the surface.

If any kind of D/N cycle isn't possible, this would be great !
It really deserve to be read by Larian.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 02/07/22 09:58 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
Ah! Just freaking rainy or cloudy days would be awesome. Sigh.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Yeah, that's why I'm beating the drum of "If we can't get the major systems that grant immersion, give us small tweaks that trick us into thinking such immersion exists." Making "smaller" (idk I'm not a game dev) requests that can sway the experience of the game in a slightly more immersive direction, where a bunch of small changes for immersion becomes a big change. A lot of people want d/n cycle, but it looks like we are not going to get it. The next best thing is to capture the sensations that a d/n cycle provides (dynamic world, sense of time, sense of distance, sense of belonging in the world, making NPCs feel more like they live in the world) and spread that over a bunch of tweaks rather than major changes.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard