Originally Posted by gaymer
Originally Posted by Niara
If you're wondering how Cutting words would work "Larian-Style", as in, what they'd do rather htan have to give us proper reactions, it would work likee this:

Cutting Words: Free action, on your turn, target one creature within 60 feet and expend a bardic inspiration die to cause its next attack or saving throw to be reduced by a roll of your bardic die.

Simple, lazy, unsatisfying and the minimum effort way of actualising the ability into the current system. Just watch.

Yep, or something worse. People in here actually believing the reaction system is about to change after 2 years.

Man, the meltdowns and scathing criticism of Larian is going to be EPIC on Thursday.

Yeah, I've kind of already mentally prepared myself for that possibility too. I'd basically stop following the EA at that point, and approach the full game with a DoS alpha strike opener mentality rather than adapting mid-combat like in actual DnD.

Even the person who made the Bard mod about a year and a half ago basically made it so that Bardic Inspiration/Combat Inspiration and Cutting Words increased or decreased *all* of their possible modifiers for 1 turn, instead of just one modifier due to the lack of a proper reaction system. If it turns out that this wasn't some fan-made thing, it's basically going to be Wizard learning any spell from any class levels of busted.