Originally Posted by Vitani
Originally Posted by Merlex
It is becoming painfully clear to me, that Larian has no intention of giving us proper reactions. Which unbalances the classes and subclasses a lot. I've had a lot of fun with BG3 early access, it was well worth the 65 dollars. But if this is the system they will be releasing, I won't be playing again.
It's baffling to me that people play for a visualized D&D handbook rather than the game itself.

Help me understand, the game is really great, it has very nice visuals, so far a compelling story and characters, the mechanics are something you either like or get used to. Why is everyone loosing their minds over a handbook mechanic? Why is that a deal breaker that you are willing to "[never] play again"? Why is a single thing worth loosing out a story for?

"Nice Visuals" - yes the game looks really pretty - if you stand still and are zoomed out. As soon as you get into any dialogue you have weird camera angles and bloody-faced-serial-killer characters staring at you with dead eyes.

"Compelling Story" - a story whos start doesn't make any sense whatsoever and which was copy-pasted from their previous game.

"Compelling Characters" - they compel me to murder them just so that they STFU.

Solasta D&Does what BG3 D&Doesn't.