Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
old hand
old hand
What do you mean, that Shadowheart’s spear of night isn’t acknowledged by the game? Are you unable to progress with her quest?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Rebel Moon
Hotfix 16 is impossible for the players. Excuse me for beuing blunt, but the bugs arwe game breaking.

I literally just watched a streamer finish the game tonight on hotfix 16.

D
stranger
stranger
D
PS5 with Hotfix 16 got many visual bug and other issue like Warlock Repelling blast or Bard inspiration.
I have to enter act 3 but i can't play with this problems, we need a fix.
Thanks

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ecc2ca
What do you mean, that Shadowheart’s spear of night isn’t acknowledged by the game? Are you unable to progress with her quest?
she has it in her hot little hands but wants you to give it to her and won't shut up or stop asking i.e, if you got past that point before installing HF16 then gratz... otherwise your game is over

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
apprentice
apprentice
Why is there not a Hotfix #16 sticky topic here ???

I mean its been released ..
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1086940/announcements/detail/3878226811977091034

Is it such a buggy embarassment that they cant bring themselves to make a topic and keeping it low key?

I wouldn't recommend updating though, it breaks an awful lot of stuff.

But we need to discuss all of that, no?

Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb Dual Channel) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games).
journeyman
journeyman
Hotfix 16 is impossible for the players. Excuse me for beuing blunt, but the bugs arwe game breaking.
Most of these reported bugs are caused by running incompatible mods. Rule #1 of using mods is DO NOT UPDATE YOUR GAME UNTIL MODS ARE UPDATED. The only bug I have run into post patch is that the repelling blast doesn't turn off when you toggle it off.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by jimnms

Most of these reported bugs are caused by running incompatible mods. Rule #1 of using mods is DO NOT UPDATE YOUR GAME UNTIL MODS ARE UPDATED. The only bug I have run into post patch is that the repelling blast doesn't turn off when you toggle it off.

My bold and underline ..

No, not running any mods here (not used any during the Early access, and still not using any in my new play through (post public release out of Early Access) so that I can make good bug reports to Larian without any user induced complications), and the bugs I am finding in Act 3 are really putting me off playing the game any further since Hotfix #16 hit the streets.

(See my previous post, we need a Hotfix #16 topic to discuss)

One major downer for me has been Shadowheart, romanced her up until Act 3, talked to her at a Camp (inbetween bringing Wyll into the party and getting him fully specced out), and she gave me conversation options to discuss our visit to the Beach, and keeping that away from the other party members .. I replied with "Maybe we could say we were making sand castles" (or something similar) .. But I was left thinking "What beach!", has the game just completely skipped a romantic moment ???

I mean, though thats REALLY dissappointing its not a game stopper, but there are a lot of bugs since Hotfix #16 hit PC machines that are making me want to start the whole game again from the start.

But Larian haven't even posted a topic about the update = Highly suspicious!.

There's not even an update topic referencing Hotfix #16 at the bottom of the official site here https://baldursgate3.game/

Last edited by 4lt3rn1ty; 13/01/24 12:17 AM.

CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games).
old hand
old hand
Hey, just want you to know that that is not a new bug. The missing the Shadowheart beach scene thing. It’s a long-standing one. Basically, if you don’t ask her one specific question in act one, about herself as a person, you won’t learn from her that she can’t swim. And thus you will not trigger her act three romance scene. Simple as that. It’s a massive issue. Because, as soon as you choose a different conversation option, the one to ask her about herself as a person disappears. It definitely needs to be changed because people shouldn’t be missing a whole romance scene for neglecting a tiny detail.

And no, this bug is not caused by mods.

Last edited by Ecc2ca; 13/01/24 12:27 AM.
old hand
old hand
She doesn’t acknowledge that she received the spear? Oh no……. I hope that it doesn’t affect my future playthroughs

apprentice
apprentice
Oh godz, so I am going to have to start again completely, AAAAAAAAAGH!.

I love and hate this game so much smile

But that one issue asside, Hotfix #16 is causing a lot of issues that did not use to happen prior to Hotfix #16.

And the fact that no Hotfix #16 topic has been made anywhere, makes me think one of the staff was working overtime Christmas/New Year, but had one too many alcoholic drinks prior to release. The game is awful in Act 3 post Hotfix #16.

old hand
old hand
Hey, well, the nice thing is that there may be other details you missed for Shadowheart’s romance, that you can play now. Minor spoilers for acts one and two:

Shadowheart has three small interactions that are pretty cool. In act one in Grymforge, you can give her an idol of Shar that you find, and especially if you’re a cleric of Selune, she has a unique reaction. However, that interaction has been mostly broken since patch 4. You can also give her a night orchid in act two, which is cute, and you can give her the Noblestalk mushroom from the Underdark to help her recover one of her memories, which does give you some unique scenes/content.

You should also be sure to long rest a few times before you even get to the druid grove in act one, because you get more interactions with her. Also, you should long rest after you’ve spoken to Nettie and before you leave the Grove, and you get other potentially really cute dialogue. Playing as a cleric of Selune also works best when you’re romancing Shadowheart.

apprentice
apprentice
I know about the points you mention in the spoiler, its just to me the missing romantic scene, after you have done pretty much everything you can find in Act 1 & Act 2, and your focus is on Shadowheart (having also turned down any other romancing options, and felt sad about rejecting those), its as you say pretty unfair. I have already submitted a bug report for receiving dialogue for a scene I have never seen (Beach romancing scene), plus another for Shadowheart looking like she still has smooth skin when you talk to her about her parents 'after' you have convinced her to have the second tadpole (she should have varicose veins on her face), plus another for her hair looking silver/white when you kiss her. Probably old known bugs, but I am only just getting to the stage where they are prevalent .. Thanks for trying to help, but I am a BDG3 veteran, I may be a newbie on this forum but I think you are judging a book by its cover here. Most of my posts since Early access went live have been directly to Larian Bug Reports. The forums are useless imho, which is my main point for posting here (Read back re Hotfix #16 should have its own topic to discuss that hotfix's bugs).
Frustrated smile

T
addict
addict
T
The Missing Romance stuff from Shadow.. Normally happens becouse of Karlach had it in one of my First Games and a Bunch of people Too..
The Only way many of us did to Fix was..
Give her the Flower in Act 2 or Skip Karlach for the entire Game.
(just Kill her for the Sword and call it a Day.. she sux anyway.)

BTW even if yu do that yu could still Find some Skip important Stuff Bug..
Better to only have the 3 yu need and Move on.

When i make my Runs with Only Shadow, Lae'zel and Astarion.. Runs Perfect the game. lol
I Just Bring any other start to bad stuff happen.
the only other 2 i get or 3 its Minthi in act 2 and Jaheira e Minsc too.
they dosent broke the game that much as far as i Tested..

So yeah.. i Never Bring ever again all of then. haha

Last edited by Thorvic; 14/01/24 11:55 AM.
N
stranger
stranger
N
Introducing new bugs in a hotfix makes me wish for it to be possible to revert patches on PS5. Being unable to disable Repelling Blast no more put my entire play through on hold which is extremely frustrating.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Is it possible to rollback to an older patch on Steam Deck? I want to play online with someone who's on the Mac version.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Can we rollback to previous patch in PS5?

Last edited by Daniel-san; 14/01/24 01:19 PM.
stranger
stranger
Looking for news on Error Code 544.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Maybe this is the wrong place to post this but I'm new smile
Is karlach getting a new ending ?
Is a high magic incapable of curing such an affliction?
As a DND player I can find dozens of ways to fix it most without much issue as in game graphics would go

W
stranger
stranger
W
Hi, I just made it to reunion camp in Mac mode. I can not talk to withers and end my adventure.
May someone please help mac users with that bug? I am literally one step from achievement. I hate reunion camp for this bug, previous patches at least finish the game.

Last edited by Winston1997; 22/01/24 10:59 AM.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard