Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
veteran
veteran
Well they do serve a mechanical purpose, since it still affects your hitchance and perception checks ...

I also have to remember to use some source of Light when fighting Duergars ... last time i noticed they HAVE sun sensitivity, when you examine them ... and i wondered why, since there is no way to drag them abowe ground ... so maybe ... ? laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
K
Banned
Banned
K
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by konmehn
why can't you specify the reason for your remark?
I answered that question before ... And i repeat once again: I DONT KNOW WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME.

When sane people quote another person, they have a logical reason for doing so. So you must have already imagined a future scenario where you think what I wrote might be 'useful' - all I'm asking is what you imagined that scenario to be. It's really simple stuff.

If you can't answer that question, it makes me wonder why you would take a specific sentence I wrote and just randomly remark that you're saving it for a future scenario you can't even define in a theoretical context.

I know no one on this planet who does that, since it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Last edited by konmehn; 10/07/22 03:12 PM.
veteran
veteran
I can, i dont want to, therefore i would not ... satisfied?

Especialy since now you also called me insane ... pretty display of "normal and civilised conversation" that is your jam.
And i dont want even to continue talking with you, so i would not ... think whatever you want.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
I don't think going from the talking to, to warning phase would make a difference as you seem to miss the point entirely, Ragnarok. See you in a week.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I also have to remember to use some source of Light when fighting Duergars ... last time i noticed they HAVE sun sensitivity, when you examine them

Oh very interesting, I will definitely have to check that when they fix the bug with "Examine" causing a hard crash to desktop. But I truly hope they don't just remain just bland buffs for targets obscured by darkness after these lighting "improvements".

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
So just as I feared, the Underdark got turned into a bright neon city. Apart from the complete loss of spooky and dark atmosphere that oozed with danger, I'm extremely sad that this patch made torches/Light cantrip and Dark Vision completely obsolete. The Underdark can now be completely navigated without a light source, even with characters without Dark Vision frown

When talking to Halsin about the Underdark, he mentions how it's a terrible dark place where people go missing. This no longer looks to me like a place with danger lurking around every corner where the sun doesn't shine.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Well.... I guess it's no longer the Underdark but the Underbright.

The lighting change is absolutely horrible and should either be reverted entirely or we should get a toggle/slider, allowing us to adjust the lighting and colour saturation.

addict
addict
Haven't made it to Underdark yet in my Patch 8 playthrough but those screenshots are really disappointing.

Last edited by Ranxerox; 10/07/22 04:09 PM.
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
For me, the colour in Patch 7 was almost perfect, so I'd love for them to revert it back.

I don't mind them brightening certain areas, but right now it feels like there's filter that makes everything a bit washed. We've lost a lot of contrast.

veteran
veteran
Ugh! I wanted DARKER dungeons. Not BRIGHTER!

It's official. Larian hates me. They're just making changes now to be contrary to everything I'm suggesting and asking for.

Okay. From now on, I'm going to suggest the opposite of what I want.

She,! BRIGHTER DUNGEONS, Larian! That's my suggestion. BRIGHTER! Want full Daylight on the Underdark.

veteran
veteran
I have to agree about the lighting in the underdark. Last patch, I enjoyed sneaking around, moving quietly in the dark, relying on torches and spells.

Now it's a stroll.

Just a couple thoughts about light sources:

1. Please let Everburn act like a torch in the light it gives off, and

2. Maybe don't let a character sneak/hide if they're carrying a light source.

Thanks.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Making everything super bright also makes the spells that light things up pointless.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
I vote for a choose your color palette and light options tab (or section) in the game settings...changeable on the fly for testing.

Custom if possible.

Addendum: OK already mentioned...I 2nd then.

Last edited by Van'tal; 10/07/22 11:50 PM.
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by GM4Him
She,! BRIGHTER DUNGEONS, Larian! That's my suggestion. BRIGHTER! Want full Daylight on the Underdark.

Brighter?! Copy that! Brighter it is! laugh

P
stranger
stranger
P
The lighting toggle is the best idea I've seen in here so far. If it truly is an accessibility issue (which I can definitely see - no pun intended), that's a very common thing to have lighting/hue changes for. I'm thinking specifically of colorblind filters, which I see in most other games I play nowadays.

Game design wise, I also felt that not being able to see things properly myself was a fine reminder to turn on a light for my characters that also couldn't see in the dark. If I go at the game the way it is now I can definitely envision a situation in which I'll be slugging away at Underdark baddies with hella disadvantages and wondering why the game is going so poorly.

veteran
veteran
Ok. Finally got to play Patch 8 for 30 min. Created a gnome bard and I gotta say I liked the changes...

The I tried to create Diadell.

[Linked Image from blogger.googleusercontent.com]

I can't match her hair color at all. It no longer exists. She's supposed to have that hair color by default. I mean, she's a Master of Disguise and can look however she wants, but... Her default look is gone.

I'm now worried about all the characters I originally made. Will none of them look right now? I had plans to remake them and play through the whole game.

As for lighting on the Nautiloid, I thought it was okay. I didn't notice that it was overly bright or anything. So far - haven't played much mind you - it seems overall good... So far...

But Diadell's hair!... Sniff... I really liked that color.

How about keep all the new and bring back the old too.

Last edited by GM4Him; 11/07/22 02:57 AM.
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I can't match her hair color at all. It no longer exists. She's supposed to have that hair color by default. I mean, she's a Master of Disguise and can look however she wants, but... Her default look is gone.

Best alternative right now until and if they fix the ugly lighting changes, is to use black color as your main color and then use highlights with the color you are trying to get. You'll have to put the Highlights slider to 1. It won't look as natural nor dark as Patch 7 did, but it's the closest thing to dark hair colors right now.

veteran
veteran

Best alternative right now until and if they fix the ugly lighting changes, is to use black color as your main color and then use highlights with the color you are trying to get. You'll have to put the Highlights slider to 1. It won't look as natural nor dark as Patch 7 did, but it's the closest thing to dark hair colors right now.

Ok. I'll try that. Thanks.

veteran
veteran

Ok. I'll try that. Thanks.
I used auburn brown with lighter highlights, that gave me the red, I think, you are looking for.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Thanks. I'll maybe try that too.

It's very confusing now, I will say that. I kinda expect orange to be orange. There are like 5 options of orange, but none actually are. And highlights turn orange blond.

I LOVE how much diversity you can have with it, but it now requires a lot more tinkering and trial and error to get the right color you're looking for.

veteran
veteran
Thanks. I'll maybe try that too.

It's very confusing now, I will say that. I kinda expect orange to be orange. There are like 5 options of orange, but none actually are. And highlights turn orange blond.

I LOVE how much diversity you can have with it, but it now requires a lot more tinkering and trial and error to get the right color you're looking for.
I do think, that they messed up the color palette quite a bit and that that might get changed soon. There are some colors clearly labelled wrong.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard