Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by GM4Him
In Patch 7, Arka and the other tiefling are up by Kanon. There's a whole exchange and then she runs off to kill Sazza. Now... It's like pre-patch 6 or 7. They're just not there,. Why? Why take it out? It worked well, I thought.

I think you ran into a bug with your game as I just did a quick check and they're both there.

Patch 8 also fixed her conversation, which was bugged in Patch 7 where if you clicked directly on Arka, she would react as if both Kanon and Memnos died. But if you clicked on Memnos then she'd react properly ^^

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Oh. I wonder if it's more glitched because of multiplayer mode. That's happened to me before. More glitches in the multiplayer mode.

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Ok. Maybe I'll play through with the real Diadell Rogue in solo and see the differences.

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Us still didn't say anything as I went through the lower level in solo mode.

I also did notice this time that it did say Illithid Wisdom for the control panel for Shadowheart. I still think this is a good change. Now more individuals will potentially leave Shadowheart in her pod and thus trigger her being at the door of the Dank Crypt as their first meeting with her, like it was in earlier patches. Or, if they DO allow temptation to win them over, they will use the power and free her, triggering the newer dialogues and having her as a companion in the final fight.

I did do the final fight with just Diadell and Lae'zel, and I will say it was still way too easy. We mopped up the imps and hellsboars so easily. Again, a final boss imp or maybe tougher hellsboars would be good. It's just too easy.

I also chose to pick the lock on the dank crypt instead of going the normal route. I actually succeeded this time. First time. Lol. MAN! Much tougher route. Just SH and Diadell, facing the 5 skeletons. Then, I went up to the mercenaries, and DANG! Barton's crew was tough. I was a bit afraid both my characters would die. I even had to use most of my potions to survive. That was fun.

Still haven't used a long rest yet, and after the mercenary fight, I'm thinking I might need to. I've used short rests, though. What a difference switching paths makes. I might even have to long rest soon. smile

Anyway, not noticing any real differences, though. Cutscenes are still playing out, so far, the same.

Last edited by GM4Him; 15/07/22 05:52 AM.
GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
OK. Arka and her bud were there when I played single player. In fact, you're right. The scene looked much better than previous patches. Her walking away all super ticked and almost evil-like... that was good. I got chills.

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Can't seem to get any farther in any playthrough. Auto-saves seem to keep crashing my PC. This time, it's just as I'm approaching Around, the halfling merchant.

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Oh! It's not the dragon that roars as you are passing out of the Us room on the Nautiloid. It's just the shrieking imps. The dragon doesn't even roar anymore. How disappointing!

veteran
veteran
Oh! It's not the dragon that roars as you are passing out of the Us room on the Nautiloid. It's just the shrieking imps. The dragon doesn't even roar anymore. How disappointing!

Yeah, I checked. US does talk and can be heard from the bottom deck. The dragon however no longer roars.

I wouldn't be surprised if his roar is simply bugged so the audio doesn't play, as a lot of things seem to be this patch.

For example the Zariel Tiefling's Searing Smite that you get at Level 3 no longer plays audio when targeting enemies. So probably just an audio bug, among plenty of many ^^

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Hmmm. Maybe it's my game. I wonder if I should reinstall. I still can't hear us.

veteran
veteran
Hmmm. Maybe it's my game. I wonder if I should reinstall. I still can't hear us.

Try DX11 if you're playing on Vulkan API. I found Vulkan to be very buggy this update.

Also check the AUDIO settings, make sure Speaker Configuration is properly set and Midnight Mode is turned off.

If all else fails, then Verifying Files and ultimately uninstall might help.

addict
addict
Whether one can hear US or not is very inconsistent currently. I've recently taken 5 characters through the tutorial and US could be heard by 2 of them and then generally only near the door that connects his room with the nursery. One of the two could hear him again near the broken wall where you exit the room.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard