Originally Posted by Ussnorway
a LORE bard with only 8 intel... thats going to be a bit pointless adding -1 to all skill checks but its your game so have fun wink
[Linked Image from gog.com]

I may be an idiot, but I am also the master of deception.
I try to imagine the following dialogue:
NPC: I have a quest for you: Show me a magic artifact in the next 5 minutes and I give you a reward.
You [deception check]: Look behind you, a 3 headed monkey (you grab a piece of junk while the NPC looks the other direction).
NPC: There was no monkey and this is a piece of junk.
You [deception check]: Sorry you did not see the monkey, they are really fast. And this artifact has great magic powers. It can make everything look ugly and boring.
See this nice shop over there? I put this artifact on the table and suddenly it looks like a junkyard. It´s MAGIC.
NPC: OK, you convinced me. Here is your reward.

You win a deception check against yourself and now you actually belief it is an artifact. So you carry a piece of junk around like it was the Staff of the Magi.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lore bards can inspire themselves at lv14, but it´s not sure we get this far in this game.
Well, I like that my main char talks to NPC and have some skills instead of being just a buff bot for the party.
Its OK when my party members fight better, but I want to do the talking.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi: