This thread needs to be updated. I will make a work travel that takes months abroad. Well not only that a friend of mine wants that I travel with him to Spain or Greece late Autumn 2022 exactly when not decided but absolutely not September.

Therefore I bought this gaming laptop that was on a discount got it roughly for 1300 euro.

Why not wait for Nvidia 4000 series? I guess Nvidia 4000 series comes out on Autumn 2022 to desktops but before we see any kind of laptops with them will be deep into 2023.
In addition I do not like the fact that Nvidia 4000 series will require really much more power like super power source example 800 Watt-1200 Watt and have much higher electricity costs. In addition more power makes it likely to run more hot and thus need more expensive cooling systems.

Nvidia 3000 series is the last Nvidia with reasonable energy costs before Nvidia 4000 series. Of course what happens in future with Nvidia 5000 series etc is unknown.

CPU is strong enough indeed and I do not care that it is older generation not the newest INTEL since so affordable price to buy. Well and then I am not going to start a Intel vs AMD war. AMD 5800H CPU is strong CPU and roughly same speed as this INTEL CPU.

Intel® Core™ i7-11800H

Intel Core i7-11800H Processor - Benchmarks and Specs - NotebookCheck.net Tech Intel Core i7-11800H The Intel Core i7-11800H is a high-end octa-core SoC for gaming laptops and mobile workstations. It is belongs to the Tiger Lake H45 family and was announced in mid 2021.

Well and CPU is good enough for sure 8 CORES 16 threads and in TURBO speed 4,6HZ and CPU cache is enough 24 MB!

RAM 16 GB DDR4
Ram amount is good for BG3!

Graphic card Nvidia 3060 6GB DDR6! It is not super highend so forget about Ray tracing but since laptop is FULL HD resolution display it is good enough for sure for many games and will run BG3 fine on maximum settings FULL HD!

One TERA fast SSD!
In addition I bough an external fast 2 TERA M2 SSD for roughly 75 euro also that with much discount. Thus it will have 3 TERA fast SSD together for this GAMING LAPTOP!

Well and it is ASUS TUF extra durable gaming laptop!

Windows 10 I am kind of old school and do no need rush to Windows 11 yet and that is fine.

DISPLAY 17,3 INCH FULL HD resolution144FPS it means some games that run better could show higher framerate then the typical 60 FPS.

Yes and this GAMING LAPTOP is absolutely good enough for BG3 maximum FULL HD graphics!!! Of course I will enjoy other games as well. Well and no I do not need Ray tracing.

Offtopic? No my point is that if you have old computer you could upgrade to newer computer. In addition I guess some players do not have high budget and I would say for its reasonable budget it is pretty good. Of course if you want to spend more money and get better computer that is absolutely fine.
Well and I am sure you can get better desktop, but I needed really a laptop.

I have not had time to play yet BG3 with this gaming laptop and it will take time to install software to it etc.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 21/07/22 05:04 AM.