Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#822592 21/07/22 11:37 PM
W
warble Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
During character creation, it would be nice if there were a "Randomize" button when picking "Who attacts you?" I think it would be more fun (as well as expedient) to quickly generate different random possibilities and then fine tune afterwards (if desired). It feels like a bit of a groan having to make another character after you just finish your main character.

Last edited by warble; 21/07/22 11:37 PM.
V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
Ding-Dong

It's the door...do you dare answer it?

Sorry, I had to re-read this...I get it like a name generator.

Pick one you like and edit the spelling...got it.

veteran
veteran
I'd like the option to tell it "No-one" or "Someone Specific" - the idea that everyone has a "perfect" entity to whom they'd be attracted, based on a combination of specific physical looks is offensively cave-dweller in its philosophy and I find myself resenting being asked and having to go through the process, and did from day one, honestly. I just click straight through - I'm sure many others do as well, which probably means their metrics will show that drow women are 'the most popular' to Larian's method of metric gathering.

(The Someone Specific option may still mean making a character, but it should unlock some options to react to the dream daisy with relevant lines - because they clearly are not that person, even if they're taking on that person's appearance, and we should be able to react with suitable hostility for them doing so)

Last edited by Niara; 22/07/22 01:26 AM.
Niara #822612 22/07/22 02:23 AM
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Originally Posted by Niara
I'd like the option to tell it "No-one" or "Someone Specific" - the idea that everyone has a "perfect" entity to whom they'd be attracted, based on a combination of specific physical looks is offensively cave-dweller in its philosophy and I find myself resenting being asked and having to go through the process, and did from day one, honestly. I just click straight through - I'm sure many others do as well, which probably means their metrics will show that drow women are 'the most popular' to Larian's method of metric gathering.

(The Someone Specific option may still mean making a character, but it should unlock some options to react to the dream daisy with relevant lines - because they clearly are not that person, even if they're taking on that person's appearance, and we should be able to react with suitable hostility for them doing so)
I find the lack of intelligence in this post extremely offensive. For narcissistic people, who hate or indifferent to everyone, there could be an option to choose themselves to indulge in self-praising fiesta, but such people are not worthy an effort to begin with.

veteran
veteran
You're going to have to explain that a bit better, Maerd. What is offending you here?

veteran
veteran
I'm fairly sure the who you're attracted to bit is a manifestation of the tadpole playing mindtricks in the brain of ours that it's inhabiting, trying to be attractive to its host for later unrevealed narrative purposes.

Niara #822616 22/07/22 02:49 AM
L
L

I agree it's dumb.

That's all.

veteran
veteran
Yeah, I assume as much (To Composer) - but, for example, if you asked me who I dream of, and who I'm attracted to, I'd almost certainly imagine one of my partners, first and foremost (both, really, but that's not an option here)... and if the tadpole saw that and showed up wearing one of their faces, I'd have some things to say about it and it wouldn't be positive.

Beyond that, when it comes to who I'm physically attracted to and who I choose to sleep with etc., an individual's physical appearance is one of the lowest order measures - and there's no 'perfect set' of things that I'm attracted to.

So, the whole 'build your dream waifu-boyfriend' thing, based on physical features alone, just rubs me the wrong way.

((Edit to add: this is using myself as an example, but I'm intending this in the concept of saying that if this is the case for me, it can certainly be the case of a character we're playing as, who might have someone they're attached to already, or who might to consider physical features in their partnering ideals))

Last edited by Niara; 22/07/22 02:59 AM.
P
addict
addict
P
Let. Me. Make. Halsin.

Okay edit. I agree with the idea that asking you for a character that is physically attractive is a bit weird, as many people have said, physical appearance is not the only qualification for attractiveness.

But the idea is that this isn't actually someone you would be attracted to really, this is a fantasy, a dream lover just for you, as an enticement.

Last edited by Piff; 22/07/22 03:05 AM.
Piff #822622 22/07/22 03:07 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Piff
Let. Me. Make. Halsin.
Perfect! celebrate 🐻

Piff #822623 22/07/22 03:13 AM
+1 to randomizer.
And not just for the Daisy tadpole but also for our characters as well.

The entire CC needs rework, its just not intuitive, and character appearances should be the last options in it.

Originally Posted by Piff
Let. Me. Make. Halsin.

Hopefully we'll be able to create at least someone similarly buff once the full game ships and we have larger body shapes.

On that topic, I kinda love the idea of the Dream lover. I always go to town with creating either my character (narcissistic douche), or some weird likenesses of existing companions (depending who id like to romance with the current Tav), or likenesses of some favorite characters from other games (don't know how many times I created Valen and Nathyrra from Neverwinter Nights). give some interesting room to roleplay your Tav.

Last edited by Arideya; 22/07/22 03:14 AM.

"There are three things that are strength incarnate: there is love of life, there is fear of death, and there is family. A family that loves death would have a strong pull indeed." - Tamoko
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by warble
During character creation, it would be nice if there were a "Randomize" button when picking "Who attacts you?" I think it would be more fun (as well as expedient) to quickly generate different random possibilities and then fine tune afterwards (if desired). It feels like a bit of a groan having to make another character after you just finish your main character.
For this and also maybe for our characters as well, some people don't like spending ages in character creation. Also a save preset option for both parts.

I'd like the option to tell it "No-one" or "Someone Specific"
This would be nice. I wish they could have just made this be "who is important to you" or "who has influenced you" or something similar. This leaves the attraction option available for anyone, but I (and I am sure others) play characters not bothered with that stuff, the assumption that my characters immediately have to be attracted to someone is really irritating. Would be much more likely to listen to someone who has influenced my character instead of some random attractive person, currently the dreams have absolutely no effect on my characters.

Zarna #822639 22/07/22 06:30 AM
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
You're going to have to explain that a bit better, Maerd. What is offending you here?
The fact that you cannot even grasp why what you wrote is offensive.

Originally Posted by Zarna
the assumption that my characters immediately have to be attracted to someone is really irritating. Would be much more likely to listen to someone who has influenced my character instead of some random attractive person, currently the dreams have absolutely no effect on my characters.

Oh, another one. You shouldn't play RPGs then. They don't work for people who cannot even understand simple plots.

Maerd #822640 22/07/22 06:53 AM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Maerd
Oh, another one. You shouldn't play RPGs then. They don't work for people who cannot even understand simple plots.
Another what?

veteran
veteran
Please leave it be Maerd. If you believe somethings offensive report it and leave it to moderation to review.

veteran
veteran
The problem really is that they answer the "who attracts you?" question for you quite specifically: "A person in a pink robe with fancy decorations".

veteran
veteran
I would like two buttons ...
Randomize and "copy myself". laugh

I usualy create my dream person to look exactly as my characters ... not bcs they would be physicaly attracted to themselves (well, i admit it, i mean "not allways" for this reason) ...
But bcs i simply like that my darker, seductive self is trying to tempt me. :3

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Does it actually ask, "Who attracts you?"

Or does it ask, "Who do you dream of at night?"

Are those two things necessarily always the same?

veteran
veteran
It asks "Who do you dream of at night" and that's actually even more specific than general attraction.

If they are trying to manipulate a PC with someone they "can't resist", the dream lover form shouldn't be limited to default pink robes and exquisite jewelry. Conan was attracted to Valeria because she was a warrior. She wouldn't have been interesting to him wearing that.. dream garb.

JandK #822691 22/07/22 12:15 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by JandK
Does it actually ask, "Who attracts you?"

Or does it ask, "Who do you dream of at night?"

Are those two things necessarily always the same?
The text over where you select the dream person' appearance says "Who do you dream of? Who attracts you?" These things definitely do not have to be the same, but in this context it unfortunately seems to be implied.

Originally Posted by 1varangian
If they are trying to manipulate a PC with someone they "can't resist", the dream lover form shouldn't be limited to default pink robes and exquisite jewelry. Conan was attracted to Valeria because she was a warrior. She wouldn't have been interesting to him wearing that.. dream garb.
We definitely should be able to select an outfit/armour for the dream person. That pink thing is annoying.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard