Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#822892 23/07/22 02:43 AM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I think it would be really cool if there was a place we could alter the colors of our clothing and equipment. Make our characters look as fabulous or ridiculous as we please.

"I used my last magic poo to check in on my daughter." Scanlan Shorthalt.
old hand
old hand
+1

addict
addict
+1

I'd expand this to: let us alter color and look (within reason, e.g. no plate look for robes). Increasing customization is important to many people.

veteran
veteran
I sweared it on Twitter (when i have seen recollored armors Chubblot created) and i swear it again ...
If this feature will not be included in full game, there will be riot!

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
old hand
old hand
Colour selection in character creation would be nice, and later on a way to do it on better gear, maybe with using some of the herbs we pick up everywhere in the crafting window.

veteran
veteran
Colour options for clothes and armor would be nice.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
+1

enthusiast
enthusiast
+1

enthusiast
enthusiast
+1
Especially since we have so many possibilities for hair colours. I'd like to choose a colour for my Tav's clothes/armour that goes with the hair colour.

veteran
veteran
I'm almost sure Larian is holding out on a lot of the new outfit looks because they want to save it for release, so the game feels fresh and enticing.

veteran
veteran
I suspect the same, though it will probably be too little too late for me, since I was already losing interest in BG3 a year ago. There are simple things they could have done to make sure that the EA remained fresh and enticing while it was still underway. More faces and voices, more body types and outfits and colors, more recruitable companions and a larger party etc, but the impression one gets is that they think 'Well, if we give that to them during EA, then there won't be anything left to wow them on release..." which to me seems kinda backwards.

When the new content is pretty light and the level cap is low, things like a robust character creator and more variety in party comps or PC looks would have helped it from getting all stale. As it stands, when that a stuff drops in 2023 or whenever, I'll just think 'they should have done it a year ago' when it might have made more of a difference in EA player retention.

veteran
veteran
Not to rag on it too hard, but when you see them all presented together, instead of hidden behind a cycler, it's pretty underwhelming... Shown here with the default High Elf, head 3 and volleyball hair, since she's the only Tav who matters lol.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Better get excited for those looks and those colors, cause unless you're trying to steal a companion character's duds that's how you're going to look for quite a while. Sadly not one of them is just a nice classic black get up.

Ps. the Bard outfit is deserving of particular ire, since that's the one that was supposed to get me excited for patch 8. The pattern on the vest reminds me of bad bathroom tile work. It's not just the colors, which are pretty meh, but it's really obvious that the many-crosses-print was hastily thrown together. They're all different sizes and the perspective is off, also the way it'll just crop straight through the middle of a cross when it comes up against an edge or a strap or a hem or whatever. Again, like bad bathroom tile work. And what's up with those lower arms? Nothing is working together here, but the crosses especially are just wonk. It's possible that effect would be less noticeable if they weren't a shiny gold, with less contrast in the surrounding materials, something neutral or maybe all black say? lol But yeah, sorry, they're all pretty weak right now.

Last edited by Black_Elk; 24/07/22 04:03 AM.
old hand
old hand
Colors for clothes would be great. But to be honest I would go even further and introduce the feature of a "skin system" or a gear upgrading system. I like Shadowheart's armor. If I find a much better armor in gameplay, but with ugly looks, then I wish I could somehow keep the "skin" of Shadowheart's armor.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Black_Elk
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
When i look at this ...
It just gives me once again that feeling that if we should get option to collor our equipment, first Classes (Fighter, Ranger, Rogue, Cleric, Wizard and Warlock) should get some unique starting armor aswell. :-/

I mean, even if i look away from the fact that every single one of them have just generic stuff of wich we find tons of in the first five minues ingame, and unlike newer classes (Druid, Sorcere, Barbarian, Bard) their outfit dont reflect their class ... well, basicaly at all.

Once we just recollor Ranger, we get Rogue ... that simply doesnt feels right. frown

Originally Posted by Lotus Noctus
Colors for clothes would be great. But to be honest I would go even further and introduce the feature of a "skin system" or a gear upgrading system. I like Shadowheart's armor. If I find a much better armor in gameplay, but with ugly looks, then I wish I could somehow keep the "skin" of Shadowheart's armor.
Its called transmogrification. wink

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
+1

M
M
+1. That would be cool.

R
stranger
stranger
R
It would be cool and it would also give us more reasons to loot boxes and containers, and relieve the redundancy of the same objects we are seeing over and over again, if we add the possibility to find tinctures or types of cloth.

veteran
veteran
Colors for sure, but "transmogrifying" armor and weapons is too much. If you wear a Dwarven Plate Mail, it needs to look like a Dwarven Plate Mail because that's what it is. You shouldn't be able to make it look like a sleek Elven Plate. Or a Chain Mail Bikini. Other players need to know what the equipment is and what likely properties it has. Respect the lore of the setting and the designer's work.

It's up to the devs to make unique armor like Shadowheart's good enough to use, or to provide similar upgrade options to maintain the same look. They kind of failed already with that since you're better off putting her in the first Scale Mail you find, which is like 10 minutes in the game. They also failed with Lae'zel armor but for the opposite reason. Her starting armor is so good it's a popular thing to snatch it from her. Which is about as out of character as it gets for her to let you take her armor.

Last edited by 1varangian; 25/07/22 11:27 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Its called transmogrification. wink
thankyou

Originally Posted by 1varangian
Colors for sure, but "transmogrifying" armor and weapons is too much. If you wear a Dwarven Plate Mail, it needs to look like a Dwarven Plate Mail because that's what it is. You shouldn't be able to make it look like a sleek Elven Plate. Or a Chain Mail Bikini. Other players need to know what the equipment is and what likely properties it has. Respect the lore of the setting and the designer's work.

It's up to the devs to make unique armor like Shadowheart's good enough to use, or to provide similar upgrade options to maintain the same look. They kind of failed already with that since you're better off putting her in the first Scale Mail you find, which is like 10 minutes in the game. They also failed with Lae'zel armor but for the opposite reason. Her starting armor is so good it's a popular thing to snatch it from her. Which is about as out of character as it gets for her to let you take her armor.

I understand, of course that's true. I hadn't even thought of that. From this point of view, armor upgrade options are more appropriate. Depending on the situation, there may also be penalties or restrictions when trying to wear special armor like Lae'zel's. The armor of Valygar & Keldorn from BG 2 immediately comes to mind. I would at least only make Lae'zel's armor character bound. Finally, later you will have the option to take the Githyanki Patrol armor.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by 1varangian

While I understand your issue, I do want a limited transmogrification system. The reason for it is simple... I generally prefer the look of the basic armors & weapons to their magic counterparts and I want to be able that retain that look without completely gimping my character. What the system should allow is changing, for example, is changing the look of a +1 chain shirt to a basic one but not into another armor type.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard