I for one thought the trailer looked awesome and I am now actually looking forward to watching the actual movie. And you know, I think the trailer promised a fair representation of D&D...because D&D can be and is a lot of things. I'm not that big into D&D but I know many people who are, and from what I've gathered, it's not like Call of Cthulu or Bluebeard's bride or World of Darkness, where there's a tone that it's geared for right down to it's roots. It's flexible, and that flexibility is part of why people like it. My friends will tell me about harrowing emotional moments just as readily as they'll talk about when their characters did something wholly ridiculous that got everyone at the table laughing. And since somone mentioned Critical Role, I remember in this current campaign, that it started off with them fighting living furniture, and one of their party member's is a therapy robot. And I remember the episode where one of the party was murdered alone in an alley, and how utterly sincerely they played the moment and the fallout for their characters afterwards, to the point where they named their group after the fallen member. And then that player came back with an elderly gnome werewolf rogue. Maybe it wasn't always like that, but that's what D&D is now, and I think as a game, that's the better way forward.

Personally I think the trailer captured something that's vitally important in nearly all fantasy; wonder. I watched the trailer and saw the druid turn into an owlbear and back, saw the mimic attack, saw the dragon and the casting wizard and the paladin, and I just felt like, "wow, I want to see more of this world." Which is more than any other bit of D&D that I've experienced, including BG3, has managed to do for me.