Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I still think that whole argument about realism is invalid here ...
We are talking about swords that have hilt long as your whole arm ... and blade long as almost your whole body ... no matter where you will sheat it, you will never draw it the regular way. laugh laugh laugh
Speaking of which, they should definitely deal that back a little.

Like, the current long sword for instance (which incidentally is one of my favorites in terms of visuals) is ALMOST the correct size to be the ideal 2hander and the current 2hander is way, WAY too big to look reasonable.

Also, as we are vaguely on topic, I'm definitely NOT A FAN of how the elemental effect for the flaming sword is visualized and I'm afraid the same would go for other elements in the future. Too much visual noise. I can already see the accumulation of magic items making the entire party look like a bunch of clowns over time.

I'd prefer if they took a page from Dragon's Dogma on how to make weapon buffs that look cool without overdoing it. I don't know how many here played that game but Saito Hikari for sure is familiar with it and can attest what I'm talking about.

For one, the weapon shouldn't be in flames when you put it away, only during its use.
And as second point it wouldn't need to literally "emit flames ten cm around the sword" as it does now, it should just make the blade look like incandescent red metal.

Last edited by Tuco; 28/07/22 05:34 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN