Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by robertthebard
The irony being, of course, that they were informed that this is exactly what they were going to get, bought it anyway, and then complained about getting what they were told they were going to get. We can't leave that out
Oh no, we can and we will, because it's a laughably ridiculous reading of the circumstances.

Imagine being guilt-tripped for being vocal to any degree about specific aspects of the current state of the game that you may not be very fond of.
Apparently the only legitimate course of action after you join an Early Access should be a sheepishly attitude. Consume, nod agreeably and cheer.

as it's a very important detail to keep in mind when you see posters using "arguments" like "clueless" about other players, and moderators publicly shaming anyone that has the audacity to disagree.
I'm not even surprised anymore about your outstandingly consistent incapability to understand context.

And the attempt to imply that The Composer would have a particularly favorable or tolerant attitude in my regards is a bit a comedic angle on its own. You may have missed a couple of past chapters.
Give it a rest.

Yes, because there is no disclaimer on the EA's storefronts stating that if you're expecting a polished experience, you should skip the EA... Thanks, I guess, for proving my point? I read the storefront before I made my purchase, and I expected to walk into a hot mess. I did it anyway, and, I got what I paid for, with the bonus of, once it's ironed out, to whatever extent it's going to be, I'll get the finished product too. Once I have that, if it's not what I expected, or wanted, from the finished product, I'll be loud and proud about it. Until then, I'm going to treat it exactly as it was presented, an Early Access title that's going to lack tons of polish.

Originally Posted by mrfuji3
Originally Posted by robertthebard
The irony being, of course, that they were informed that this is exactly what they were going to get, bought it anyway, and then complained about getting what they were told they were going to get. We can't leave that out, as it's a very important detail to keep in mind when you see posters using "arguments" like "clueless" about other players, and moderators publicly shaming anyone that has the audacity to disagree.
We were not informed EXACTLY what we were going to get. We were given broad strokes - Early Access, limited classes and acts, updates, a game based on D&D 5e ("implemented originally as faithfully as possible and then changed what doesn't work in a video game"), Larian will have a "a healthy relationship with those who take the time to provide feedback," etc.

Obviously there have been disagreements on what the above things mean, but that's exactly my point. We were not given precise information about the EA process and game mechanics that we're now complaining about experiencing. We were not told how Larian plans to communicate with us, just that it would be "healthy." We were not given a timeline for EA, just that there will be updates. We were not told that Larian planned on doing zero communication with us outside of responding to bugs and their Panels from Hell. Even things that have been updated mid EA haven't been precise: e.g., Larian told us that there would be a reaction system overhaul. Was this the incredibly slight changes made over the past 2 patches, or are we still waiting? Who knows?!

So yes, as people who bought EA to BG3 specifically to provide feedback, of course we have the right to complain. We were not told exactly about every single aspect of the game and EA process before buying it, but we *were* explicitly told instead that our feedback (of which, criticism is a big part) is important to Larian's development process. And with Larian's silence about our much of our feedback, of course we feel the need to keep critiquing the game in the hopes that enough feedback will get Larian to change their minds.

I agree, and I have provided mine, both in game and here. We were promised that it would be lacking polish, and that's very definitely what we got. There are disagreements about how things should be implemented, and if someone disagrees with the "accepted narrative", whatever that may be, they are fair game. It's not lost on me that only the dissenting opinions are "called out" by the moderator publicly, so that whoever hit the Report Post button can see that that poster has been "dealt with". I suspect, but cannot verify, that my post has been reported. Taking bets right now about whether or not I'll be called out publicly by the mod, instead of getting a private message about how something isn't allowed.

When I read "if you're expecting a polished experience, you should skip the EA" I expected to find the game was a hot mess. It was slightly better than that, but I didn't need a 20 page breakdown to know what "lacking polish" meant. However, anyone that disagrees with the stated "it should be this way" position doesn't have to be clueless. Classic examples are LR abuse, and Shove. I abuse neither, and have, on multiple occasions, laid out how not abusing LR has caused me to miss out on content. Ironically, some of the most vociferous posters about LR abuse claimed "you're not supposed to get all the content in one playthrough"... I never asked for that, nor implied it, but I'm supposed to believe that I'm just clueless? I don't even use shove, let alone abuse it, but I'm the one that's clueless?

The richer irony is when you post something that agrees with a position, and still get attacked for 3 pages. I've had that happen more than once, it's like they see my username, and just go on the offensive. It's even funnier when it winds up as some kind of dogpile, until someone that was dragged into it realizes what I was saying was exactly in line with the topic. A good example would be the all classes using class specific skills(? I think it was), where I was like "Yeah, if there's not a narrative reason for it, it definitely needs to be fixed", and I was set upon by the ire of the 5e purists, because I didn't just say "Yeah"... Or, "we need more 5e, unless it's phase spiders spitting venom and teleporting around". I actually had to look up how phase spiders are implemented in 5e, because I quit with 4e. Once I had that, I said "yeah, that venom spitting has to go, but if one cannot see into the Astral Plane, a phase spider, phase walking, will look like teleporting around", and again, received the ire of the purists.