We were not given a full breadth on what EA would entail. And honestly, Larian's communication for DoS 2 EA was much more transparent than this. I suspect that was also because that was donor-funded, so they had to give updates and actually show their face.

Anyway, I expected EA was going to be something similar with regular posts and YouTube updates in between the big PFH and patches. Instead, it's been silence until a patch where we just shit and get forcefed whatever Larian spits out and then back to our cages we go.

There's no Q&A, no platform to know what it is they're thinking or how they're leaning on a certain issue. All we know is that someone aggregates stuff from here and sends it to them.

[MOVING ON]

Shove as a bonus action is broken. If only for the simple fact Larian put insta-death elevation on almost every encounter. You can do more damage with a Shove bonus action than with a spell slot or melee attack. You can even kill some of the hardest enemies in the game with just Shove.

Wet is beyond stupid. Giving the effective guaranteed critical for all Cold/Lightning damage is poor foresight. What happens when Lightning Bolt or Cone of Cold comes? Double damage dice just by using a L1 spell slot or water bottle? And then imagine if you actually roll a 20 on top of that.

Concentration still feels awful to use or risk unless you completely run off-screen after you get it off. It's constant rolls and checks that just remove investment of spell slots and makes the game not even fun. You can't even get through a round of Bless before it's removed by 1 DMG constant checks that you will eventually fail.

How can a low-level Goblin deal a max of 21 DMG to multiple targets by throwing 1 item? Why is this possible?

I was beyond done when they introduced DoS 2 shovel dig mechanics for chests and using Perception rolls to find them. This is just confirmation they're already planning DoS 3. There's no reason why that needed to be in the game. Who asked for that?

And why did hours need to go towards that instead of other things?

Last edited by gaymer; 01/08/22 11:32 AM.