Originally Posted by Flooter
Haven't seen this argument being made in this thread : Clerics are weak in BG3 because Wizards can learn all of their spells. No matter how powerful Spiritual Weapon is, Wizards get it too and can cast it more often per day than Clerics. Here's what Clerics have that Wizards don't: some proficiencies and Channel Divinity. Here's what Wizards have that Clerics don't: every spell ever. I don't see how those two things even begin to compare.
Wizards learning all spells bothers me a lot, playing either a Cleric or a Wizard. Or any other spellcaster, really.

The fact that they haven't addressed this after 8 huge patches just tells me someone over at Larian thinks Wizards work better for a video game this way and they want to keep this in. Completely not getting how magic has always worked in D&D, or what makes a Class based system work. Hint: it's the opposite of sharing unique class abilities to everyone. Rogues suffer from this too as their shtick was also readily handed out to everyone. Feels like Larian hates classes and restrictions, but they're making a class based game. Otherwise, why make some players used to Wizards learning everything only to disappoint them later and listen to complaints?

That said, I don't think the spell distribution is anywhere near perfect in D&D. Wizards should obviously have elemental/conjuration stuff like Create Water, while it doesn't exactly fit every deity's portfolio for Clerics, and is even directly opposing a god of Fire.