Originally Posted by zamo
Originally Posted by robertthebard
Then there's the point about balancing, which I removed from my post originally, because I know how that will be met, because it's already been stated, in this very thread, as a "strawman". People have already stated that they wouldn't have any issues with "the game's too easy with a party of 6" threads, presumably because they got what they wanted? Of course, if they find that it's too easy, and then insist on further balancing to increase the difficulty, that will be alright, because then it's what they want, and they've got to start squeaking, so they can get greased, right? Isn't that the stated position that resulted in this post in another thread?

Sorry if anyone thinks I skipped their post, but the primary argument had been covered by "suggested party size". People have been adding homebrew rules to these TT games since they've existed, and commenting on adding more, while advocating for strict adherence to the rules is funny.

Show me an official document/rule/whatever that states party size in DnD 5e is 4. Not for a specific campaign but as a general rule. Then we can talk about homebrewing.

So, I'm just going off of what was provided in another post. If you have questions, ask them. I really don't care about party size, because I already know, if I want to have a party of 1, I can do that. I don't care if you're only looking for nostalgia, or if you feel like a party of 4, in Normal, means that the game's too hard, or anything in between. I've stated this before, in one of the hundred other threads about this, that more than 4 is going to trivialize the content. Which brings me full circle to the balancing point in this post.

What is the ideal party size for D&D 5e?
The Ideal Party Size for D&D 5e. As this post on RPG StackExchange states, pg 83 of the DMG says that the ideal party size is 3-5 players. This is also referenced in the official adventure modules written by Wizards of the Coast which are typically geared towards 4-5 or 4-6 players.

Very interesting, pg 83 of the DMG says 3-5? That means that 4 should be the perfect balance, right? So, a module written for 4 is well within the rules for 5e. Note: I didn't remove the other modules limits of 4-5 or 4-6, because I believe in telling the truth, instead of trying to claim "it's on the internet, so it must be true" or "but I'm a squeaky wheel". So, it seems to me that, if one is looking for this particular module to have more than 4, they're going to have to "homebrew" it in. Thanks for sending me looking, this is great information to have.