Originally Posted by Leucrotta
The comic was...OK I guess? I didn't finish it...wasn't good enough IMO, and I didn't like them killing off a particular BG I party member in the penultimate issue. Thought the pacing was a little fast. Minsc himself seemed pretty one-note, and not really sure what the deal was with the Neera knockoff.

As for Minsc and hamsters etc. I can't help but feel he's a little flanderized by a lot of WoTC marketing, the way he's essentially turned into a mascot. Easy to see how, I think his character lends itself to being exploited for that sort of thing, being made into memes etc. But there's certainly something of the original character that's been lost. Dynaheir is basically completely forgotten, like his rivalry with Edwin. His Rashemi heritage might as well not exist. His....personality largely being the result of a traumatic brain injury basically forgotten in favor of him just being a loveable and dimwitted but heroic oaf. Likewise the fact that (what he claimed to be a miniature giant space hamster) was by all indications in the original games just a normal...hamster is ignored because making it a *real* space hamster is just *so* much more wacky and comedically memorable!

I liked Minsc in the original saga. He was wacky but there was an attempt to actually ground him in the setting with stuff going on with him beyond being a cartoon character. IMO bringing him back was a mistake. He had a great epilogue in ToB that felt really touching. Bringing him back to cavort about like a clown seems just slightly grotesque.

I'll be really disappointed if Boo is a real MGSH in BGIII. Particularly if they decide to make him into some sort of 'master blaster' duo or something absurd. Boo was Minsc's beloved animal companion. He shouldn't overshadow the bald guy himself.

For people with short memory or that never played BG2 and Throne of Bhaal, this was Minsc's epilogue:

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN