“But, but, but enemies never push!”

Yeah, when doing this fight I absolutely avoid having a drop within a screen’s view.

The frustrating thing is that push prevents us from using the environment. The beams upstairs could be a fun feature with with enemies being able to dash&push you are asking for a cheap KO. Most of the lower level is off limits as even when fighting around the throne I found myself getting pushed into the pit.

Incidentally, I took revenge on Dror Razglin and pushed him to the pit in my current run - he was damaged and left with only a couple of HPs… at which point he left the combat, switched to real-time healed himself to full, and rushed back upstairs and rejoined the combat. The game is rigged.

PS. My take on push is as follows - in a decent amount of combat encounters it works alright. On a flat surface push distance isn't too terrible and it is unreliable way of disengaging. Pushing someone down is still powerful, but not as powerful as it was during advantage for highground times. As long as there isn't a massive drop, push acts as a minor annoyance.

However, when push becomes a problem then it becomes a real problem that dominates the counters. Dror Razglin, some of the underdark encounters, Druegars - in those areas pushing or getting pushed becomes the fight. Even if you choose not to use push yourself, your every action needs to revolve around a possibility that the enemy will try to push you. Distance that enemy can traverse and still push you, means you are unlikely to be ever outside push range. Getting pushed can eliminate a healthy character in one swoop (or eliminate them for couple turns, like in case of getting shoved into the pit in Razglin's fight).

Last edited by Wormerine; 08/08/22 10:19 AM.