I voted prompts because - as others mentioned - I prefer full control over speed of combat when it comes to RPGs and tactical games and if I would have only those 2 extremes to chose from I would choose prompts. But Im also open to any middle ground or a customizable conditions system.

I have some wishful thinking in that Larian is going to change things for reactions or at least extend the current version with more control, because we were not provided with Shields yet. Its kind of a signature spell as per my understanding and it would have been relatively easy to implement it for EA already as a simple toggle, but they did not add it yet. This shows to me that they are still testing things out for reactions. I might be wrong but I also can see too many people (and I dont think its a vocal minority) who doesnt like the current version of the reactions or reaction-like abilities we have in EA to ignore that entirely - so i dont think Larian will.

Im just hoping we are going to have the opportunity to test any alternatives/extensions coming to it before release. It's already a great game for me but how reactions work currently is the thing which causes me think "it could have been much better" when I'm playing.

We are still in EA, so fingers crossed.