Originally Posted by Wormerine
Originally Posted by Tuco
Someone asks him why some blatant exploits in the two DOS haven’t been addressed and his take is pretty much “We did it on purpose because thee player feels super-clever when he can break the game”.
Which, as a principle is fine, but for my taste the game breaks a bit too easy. It's one thing to figure out an OP combination, and the other for common abilities be OP when used.

I do hope that this is something Larian will fix in the polishing stage but having previous experience with their titles I don't take it as a certainty.

Few things from me regarding how combat feels right now in the light of the above post quoted by Tuco:

1)Compared to 1st EA release combat feels faster, smoother, better in every possible way after me. Maybe some of you didn't realize it if you replayed the game each patch for instance. But the difference is 100% palpable if you didn't.

2) Despite #1 what Tuco quoted above is 100% accurate. If the solution is obvious it's not a question of me "choosing my way to play". It just makes the game feel weird. And I have to mention Shove being a bonus action here. Most fights in Act 1 ( especially in the underdark) feel way too easy because of shove(drow encounter) . Like I feel 100% guilty If I use it. I got to a point where I stopped using it to lower my party DPS. But the thing is ...I can use it.
So I deliberately choose to complicate my own life. Meanwhile I want to feel like I'm overcoming a challenge.

OR...make enemies harder to shove? OR the AI maybe can identify " fall threat areas" and avoid it as long as it's not the only way ? In this case shoving someone down a pit would actually feel gratifying instead of being granted.

3) OP example for " AI stupidity" highlights an issue with enemies capabilities to detect combat. And that's an issue I encountered at least a couple times ( Goblin camp, above-mentioned ogres, bulette engaging a character next to her + a character 25 meters away from her but a character 15 meters away wasn't in the fight despite not being in stealth. It was Gale. He could just run around her and she would 100% ignore him).

Dealing damage to an enemy == Start turn mode + combat mode for enemies. If stealth check succeed start search of player party in the damage source area. It's just necessary. I had a case of an enemy getting hit by a level 2 spell slot and healing to full because he didn't know he was in a fight. Super frustrating. Adios my little spell slot.

Last edited by virion; 09/08/22 02:23 PM.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.