Originally Posted by Tuco
Crossposting from another thread (because I wrote it in another context and I immediately realized that it's very pertinent even here):

I just recently realized that my past assumption that we "obviously will spend a lot of time in BG" is not exactly a given and I'm mildly terrorized by it.
To be clear, I'm sure we'll get there... But at some point I remembered that you can find posters/letters talking about how the city would be currently quarantined or something like that.

What I'm starting to question is if it will be a city we explore and interact with extensively or if Larian will "pull an Arx" and give us a semi-abandoned city, that is basically a sieged warzone and where only few sparse oasis (or battle arenas) will be accessible to the player.
Not that I would expect the ENTIRE city to be there and reproduced 1:1, anyway, but the scenario describe above would be a fair bummer, compared to, say, having few selected quartiers of the city that you can explore in detail.

That aside, I share a lot of the other points that have been listed so far.
In fact, I could say that another "one thing" I fear about BG3 in its final state is how MOST of the concerns mentioned here don't sound exactly far-fetched.

lol, so true, I'm afraid that most of these "fears" are very much things i wouldn't be surprised if they happened.

As for not spending a lot of time in a proper Baldur's Gate. woo boy. I just don't see how Larian, with how they design smallish almost themepark style environments that are interconnected,is going to make something of BG's scale. I don't think that's a fear, it's a certainty.

Last edited by Boblawblah; 14/08/22 04:24 PM.