Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I notice after reviewing the sneak peak larian provided of Baldurs gate, Gale is still wearing the same ugly robes he started with in act II. This can't be the only option for wizards? Wizards often are portrayed as vain, wearing expensive apparel that eventually is fit for enchantment. Or elusive and shadowy with full robes and hood. Others are dressed like scholars. But Gale apparently has no options?

veteran
veteran
Given that wizards have theoretically the freedom to wear whatever they want as long as it's just clothing and not armor, it wouldn't be bad being able to sport something slightly better than a bathrobe.

Last edited by Tuco; 06/07/23 07:48 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Yeah, wizards should get way more variety than they have. Certainly the idea of being stuck in just re-colored variants of the same robes sounds absolutely bleh to me.

old hand
old hand
In release date reveal trailer Gale 100% had a different robe variant. So we now have at least two...

enthusiast
enthusiast
I agree, i wear many of the common outfits in the druid grove over that horrible bathrobe... heck i even took light armour feat to be able to wear something more fashionable ;P... so yea wizards are vain lol

B
B
Many of you may think you are being cool with your practical reasons for dressing like barbarians, but a true mage like myself will flaunt our arcane majesty by wearing the most intricately embroidered silk robes and boots.
Don't you dare for a single moment think that your lack of refined style somehow puts you above me.

Last edited by Brewman; 06/07/23 08:04 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tuco
it wouldn't be bad being able to sport something slightly better than a bathrobe.
Like ... this?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Tuco
it wouldn't be bad being able to sport something slightly better than a bathrobe.
Like ... this?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Yeah, that was HALF DECENT, but I'm thinking more in general that a wizard should be allowed to a lot more aesthetic variety than just goddamn tunics.

"Flavor is free, man".

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Agreed ...
Honestly, i still think that Astarion's starting tunic and pants should have been clothing, rather than armor ... so we can steal it. >:] :P

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Whats with all the 'lightning charges' stuff (like that robe/tunic)? That really feels like D:OS in my BG - gamey. I see there are also boots that electrify water/liquid... Thought we'd finally gotten past all that smirk

Many of the new magic items in BG3 just feel gimmicky and have all these conditions attached to them - I suppose to 'balance' them but often so situational they are effectively useless. I'd rather have fewer more impactful (and more D&D-like) magic items. These all seem to have come in with patch 9.... Make magic items rare and powerful - this ties into another issue, the excess of things like potions, scrolls, grenades etc.

enthusiast
enthusiast
im really excited about the mundane clothing option laugh

veteran
veteran
I was really pissed about it ...
Luckily they quickly showed its optional, so im happy again. laugh

Now i wonder about capes ...
There was "a cape" to be seen on that Swen's Dragonborn Sorcerer ... but nobody else had any (or i have missed them all).
I hope this is a hint that capes will be hideable, since i really hate them. :-/

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I was really pissed about it ...
Luckily they quickly showed its optional, so im happy again. laugh

Now i wonder about capes ...
There was "a cape" to be seen on that Swen's Dragonborn Sorcerer ... but nobody else had any (or i have missed them all).
I hope this is a hint that capes will be hideable, since i really hate them. :-/
Swen did say something about capes but I can't remember what it was. Knowing Larian they were probably put in just to show some physics.

veteran
veteran
I'm quite enthusiastic about camp clothes and being able to wear them out, that suggests wizards and sorcerers and monks can have a real variety of outfit options.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Beechams
Swen did say something about capes but I can't remember what it was.
I believe it was "there was no capes in Early Acess ... now we have capes". xD

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard