Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
The game could use some love for the wizard class with unique robes. Maybe some with hoods A.K.A Dragonlance style or some hats such as in LOTR lore etc. Different colors etc. Perhaps with and without bonuses. Would also like some rings of wizardry where you can add 1 or more spell slots to your current allocation.

There are tons of examples online and Pinterest for example.
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

While the rest of the team gets new different armors, our wizards with all their hard work are rewarded by having to wear a blanket.

veteran
veteran
There are 3 magic robs, one bard hat and an assortment of circuits & rings currently in EA

Frankly I'd prefer the team fixed spell description and selection first as getting that (@ lest) working would be helpful

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
veteran
veteran
Agree with op! I would love to have some great staffs and outfits for sorcerers as well!

Here is an example of a staff I like:
[Linked Image from imgur.com]

stranger
stranger
I'd settle for a "regular clothing" option. Robes are thematic, but impractical to travel/adventure in.

veteran
veteran
I also want regular traveling clothes for my spellcasters instead of fancy robes, especially at these low levels. Shirts, vests, trenchcoats etc.

Dressing spellcasters in fancy robes is an annoying cliche. Not only impractical in a wilderness but perhaps you don't want your fragile low level Sorcerer to scream "I am a glass cannon spellcaster, target me first!"

addict
addict
Originally Posted by 1varangian
I also want regular traveling clothes for my spellcasters instead of fancy robes, especially at these low levels. Shirts, vests, trenchcoats etc.

Dressing spellcasters in fancy robes is an annoying cliche. Not only impractical in a wilderness but perhaps you don't want your fragile low level Sorcerer to scream "I am a glass cannon spellcaster, target me first!"

+1. Give me Yennefer's travel suit anyday smile

I don't mind a few fancy robes and dresses for my sorcereress though. She is, after all, a person with impeccable taste and style :P

veteran
veteran
The Witcher is a great example how to make spellcasters look cool without dressing them in robes. Dragon Age Inquisition had some nice designs too.

Maybe they are withholding these clothing/customization options on purpose as a selling point for the final release. Different looks don't need to be tested after all.

veteran
veteran
I’d be happy with anything that doesn’t look like a bathrobe or nightdress.

Also, not sure where the “everyone in a long tunic” cliche comes from, but I’m pretty damn sure casters aren’t into some contractual obligation to not wear pants.

Last edited by Tuco; 15/08/22 09:26 AM. Reason: Fucking auto-correct

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Magus is an ancient Persian word, and the ancient Persians were renowned for wearing pants. It's well attested, the Ancient Greeks are always pointing it out. So if anything you'd think they'd at least give the Mages an option on that one. For my part I do like a good robe with some flair and maybe a cape or a hood with a decent cowl as well, but that's not really what's on offer here. Right now they got the wizards wearing sacks basically. I'm also not a huge fan of the gaudy circlets. I think they could do better with some simpler designs, more like what Shadowheart is sporting, or just a nice invisible Ioun stone that doesn't have to be seen. I think for the Witcher looking wizards, just go with something more classic Ninja or Darth Maul, that's a pretty solid look. The lack of anything Black is a definite bummer.

veteran
veteran
To be perfectly honest ...
Im not exactly sure why Astarion starting gear is even armor ... in my honest opinion, it should be regular clothing prepared for our Wizards to steal. >:]

I mean ... is Larian trying to tell us that noble people in Faerûn preffer hard and unconfortable leather, over smooth silk? laugh

Anyway, yeah +1 ... simple recollor is pretty bad design for any item we find. :-/
The more the merier!

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Qatseri
I'd settle for a "regular clothing" option. Robes are thematic, but impractical to travel/adventure in.

Agreed, I much prefer long coats over trousers for mages and not *too* fussy.

The one thing I think the starting wizard robes have going for them is that they do look fairly sturdy, warm and coat-like, but hopefully when we get more of the game we’ll also get more magical variations on the starting clothes of warlocks and sorcerers, plus some cool new models.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
old hand
old hand
The first two parts of BG featured hooded robes (that archmages ones). I would like to have something like that or the hood separately. That would also suit a rogue quite well, which I would actually want the hood for. Eramas has one, but it cannot be looted from her or purchased in-game:

https://www.directupload.net/file/d/6642/4cxr8apd_jpg.htm

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 15/08/22 03:21 PM.
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Lotus Noctus
The first two parts of BG featured hooded robes (that archmages ones). I would like to have something like that or the hood separately. That would also suit a rogue quite well, which I would actually want the hood for. Eramas has one, but it cannot be looted from her or purchased in-game:

https://www.directupload.net/file/d/6642/4cxr8apd_jpg.htm

Yes, I’d like hoods and hats too, but I guess they do take time and effort to make work with all hairstyles which is why we only have ones like the drow hoods and bard hat that replace hair in EA. I do really hope it’s feasible for the full release though.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
I too support more variety of robes and clothing. I think the default robes are a solid choice for a starting level wizard, but as someone who likes the classic look of the robed wizard, I want more.

7d7 Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
I too support more variety of robes and clothing. I think the default robes are a solid choice for a starting level wizard, but as someone who likes the classic look of the robed wizard, I want more.
I think the base clothes selection should be part of character creation screen. E.g. robe or pants + cloak.

I personally see my wizards to look like old obiwan kenobi

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by 7d7
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
I think the base clothes selection should be part of character creation screen. E.g. robe or pants + cloak.

I personally see my wizards to look like old obiwan kenobi

I think the default wizard robes actually are a bit Jedi-like, and really like them down to hip level and below the knee. If only they didn't bulge so oddly below hip level, and Larian could get them hanging more naturally and not clipping on movement.

EDIT: Actually I've just checked and the default robes are much more Jedi/coat-like on female elf/half-elf/tiefling/dwarf characters than others because the split in the skirt is more pronounced so you can see the trouser leg more clearly. I much prefer that look than the more robe-like one on males and women of other races, apart from the really unnatural way the skirt hangs as previously mentioned.

Last edited by The_Red_Queen; 16/08/22 06:07 PM.

veteran
veteran
This is fine for the most part.. but what is that blue patch on the male robe? It's like a towel thrown over the shoulder. It just doesn't fit. Nitpicking about matters of taste, yes, but because it's the only option. The female robe doesn't have it and looks better.

[Linked Image from enygames.com]

old hand
old hand
Its a typical wizard gigachad move so that the enemy archers know where the heart is

Last edited by neprostoman; 16/08/22 06:25 PM.
G
addict
addict
G
The staves look so basic. Even the legendary ones you find just look the same in different colors.

So underwhelming compared to the martial +1 weapons.

veteran
veteran
The default robe for male wizards just doesn't even make functional sense as a 'robe.'

Instead it looks like dude took 3 different wrap dresses from the Good Will and is wearing them in layers. It's like they put Diane Von Furstenberg in charge of all our high fantasy wizard threads? lol

Also that's just the goofiest most Zoolander lookin' Elf ever. Popping half a collar too! He was born to catwalk in that robe I guess heheh

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard