Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by GM4Him
The fact that Fly hasn't been implemented in this game at all makes me really sad. I'm telling you, it's a huge disappointment. It is SO much fun in Solasta. I LOVE flying around in that game. It's one of the first spells I get as soon as I can get it.

Fly would make BG3 so much more intelligent. There could be SO many uses for it. SO many uses. It adds an entirely different element to the strategy of the game.
It's not just fun to do it, but also fun to deal with enemies that use fly or wall climbing/spiderwalk as well.

Preparing a ready action and intercepting a flying creature that dives down to hit you in melee is blast. It's one of these simple but genuine "D&D moments" that BG3 may never offer, busy as it is to make any creature special and with an arsenal of throwable gadget.
Wanna use ready action attack on a Phase Spider? Tough luck, sucker. Aside for the fact that Ready actions aren't a thing, Phase spiders here jump far away and blast you with AOE poison.

Why? Pretty much because "FUCK D&D, WE MADE DOS AND ARE PROUD OF IT!".

Jump? No no. They don't jump. That would at least trigger AOO. They Misty Step hundreds of feet clear across the game map. Thank God the Whispering Depths are only a few hundred feet. Imagine one of these Teleport Spiders on the surface. They'd teleport from the Gith Patrol location all the way to the beach in a single turn.

But yeah. I agree 100% with you - minus the vulgarity. 😂