Originally Posted by neprostoman
Originally Posted by PrivateRaccoon
...worthy of a AAA title today.

Can you please specify, what is considered an AAA title, in general? I am not very good with the semantics in this matter. Is DOS2 an AAA? It has same amount (or more) mechanics than Dark Souls, which is considered an AAA in a different genre.
I think it's a question of studio size and budget. Think God of War, Call of Duty, World of Warcraft. (Apparently, all AAA games have a "Blank of Blank" naming scheme.)

Naming convention aside, I'm not sure if there's a clearly defined line between AAA and AA. DoS:2 felt AA (edit: to me*), but Larian vastly grew in size for BG3; they've sold millions of copies of BG3 in early access, so the game's budget could well be over 100 million dollars. All of this should land BG3 in AAA territory.

*The size and budget of the studio usually correlates to polish rather than number of game mechanics. The Mario games are all relatively simple but polished to AAA diamonds by Nintendo. Dos:2 may have a bunch of things to do, but not all of it gets the polish it deserves.

2nd Edit : Yeah, if flight can be done justice, please do it justice. Spider climb also, but it would require adding pathfinding mesh to a bunch of currently blind zones on every map. That can lead to a lot of bugs, and pathfinding isn't great to begin with.

Last edited by Flooter; 16/08/22 08:12 PM. Reason: Clarification; Answering OP

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.