Hey everyone,

I have recently rewatched the PAX east live stream reveal of BG3 from 2020, because I wanted to see for myself how far the game has come (I highly recommend it btw; I appreciate the game even more now and how the community feedback has clearly influenced it).

I noticed something interesting when Swen was playing through the chapel in the beginning of the game: back then it was clearly a temple dedicated to Selune. There are banners with her symbol everywhere, and at the end where there is now a statue of Jergal, there was a Selune statue before.
I am wondering how the story must have changed during development, for this change to be made.

We already know through datamining that

Jergal, and the skeleton who might be him, is supposed to play an important role in the game.

so clearly there must have been major changes made. Possibly the goblin camp, which is now an old Selune temple, was something else too back then? I'd love to hear some theories on this.

Aside from this, has anyone noticed other things that have clearly changed story-wise? I am really curious.