Ok well, for the rules it seems interesting enough to hold my attention. But seriously One D&D? Really? It sounds so markety doesn't it? Like they wouldn't would they, but I guess they would. Too bad, as I've actually been weirdly looking forward to 6th Edition branding and art direction hehe. I think if they don't stake a claim to the name, then it will informally be called 5.5 which is meh, or Anniversary D&D but there's already an AD&D. D&D50th? weak. OD&D? I thought that was the white box! I think it'd be better if they bite the bullet and just sling into 6. Maybe it's the occult hail satanist D&D in me, but if it's 6e in practice they should just rock it.

I like the many world kicks in that doc, and opening up more infernal lineages and celestial lineage stuff, especially the stargate vibe I'm getting from the recast aasimar. I think it could work. The size option thing to go extra impish also seems cool. The mix it up bag for races too. The only thing I could think of as something kind of new for PC races that they might add to really dial up a new Ed drop would be to do a Fey race themed ultra tiny. Basically faeries/pixies or half-fey as a potential PC race archetype. I think they could do stuff with size/shape change as a racial feature and that might be kinda cool. They've done a lot of monstrous race revamps to open em up, and I still like Yuan-Ti as one they haven't really done (Thulsa Doom James Earl Jones style version?!) but I think Faeries/Pixies might be more engaging for the general audience. Lines up with Elves a bit, in a sort of throwback for flavor, with an angle similar to the celestial/infernal dynamic they got going now but more fairy-tale than heaven/hellscape. Fae run, I think they could do a lot with it. Anyhow, yeah shifting more stuff from race/class to background seems to be an ongoing theme. I'm fine with it. I kinda get the crits as player only vibe, since the DMs got other ways to get their rocks off, but it is a bit curious. It will be interesting to see what they do with class.

Last edited by Black_Elk; 19/08/22 06:12 AM.