Something that really bugged me bout the presentation was the way they upsold and obliquely lied about various things in order to make the new things seem better than the things they are slated to replace, when they literally are not - now I have every respect for Jeremy Crawford, but there were some deliberate wool-pulls in this video that they are trusting the majority to simply accept and eat up without question... and it's not cool for them to do that, even with playtest material.

For example: They spend several minutes enthusing about the "Healer" feat, and how much they've improved it... In particular, Jeremy is big on the fact that now they've improved it so that you can actually use it to heal your allies; he talks about it in this way, as though the current feat does not do this.

To clarify...

Current Healer feat: You can expend a charge to heal a target for 1d6 + 4 + the creature's maximum total hit dice (it's character level, effectively); you are healing and ally for between 6-30 Hp

Proposed Healer Feat: You expend a charge, And one of the target's Hit Dice - it they are all out you cannot use this feat on them, to heal the target for a roll of their hit die plus your proficiency; you are healing an ally for between 3-18 Hp, at the cost of one of the target's hit die.

So, it was deeply disingenuous of them to talk about the feat as though it was now going to let you heal allies, where the original version could not and did not.

They did this also for the several minutes they spent talking about the Alert feat: They talk about how the new alert feat still has everything the old one does, but now it has more oomph, and it has more too, since it has the initiative swap extra.

The initiative bonus that the proposed new feat grants is weaker than the existing one - it only catches up to the existing one at 14th level, and only gets stronger than it by one point at 17th level; levels 1-16 you're doing better with the current version. This is beside the fact that the initiative bonus that they spent their time focusing on is the damn Ribbon for the Alert feat... the actual Meat of which are the other two features it currently has.

Current Alert Feat:
- +5 to initiative rolls
- Cannot be surprised as long as you are not incapacitated
- Unseen attackers do not gain advantage against you.

Proposed Alert Feat:
- +Proficiency to initiative (beginning at 2, reaching +5 at 14, becoming +6 at 17-20; the extra +1 at 17-20 is not worth the larger reduced value for levels 1-13, not to mention it's an outright nerf to Alert Bards across the board)
- Swap initiative place with an ally once per combat.

They've just removed the two important parts of the feat, and the reasons why people actually use it, weakened the ribbon except at final tier, and given a moderately gimmicky, immersively nonsense other perk; sure it may be something that has value an will be liked as a thing on its own, but it is not worth gutting the actually useful aspects of the feat for - this deserved to be its own feat, not made to murder Alert and wear its skin...

A final example...

One change mentioned in the video that I wish would make it into BG3 is the ability to upcast spell granted through race abilities or feats.

You could always already do this in current 5e! It's already covered in the spellcasting rules; it does not need to be stated in the feats that you can use spell slots to cast the spells you get from other sources.

You use spells slots to cast spells you know (and have prepared IF the spell requires preparation); if a feat grants you a spell, it is worded like this:

"You learn/know the Mirror Image spell, and can cast it once with this feature without expending a spell slot. You must finish a long rest before you can cast Mirror Image with this feature again."

You. Know. The. Spell. That is not frivolous flavour text; it has meaning. It means you know the spell, and you use your spell slots, if you have them, to cast spells you know. The feature gives you the ability to cast it without using a spell slot once per long rest, but you can, and could always, cast it more using spell slots you have, because you know the spell. If you can ONLY cast the spell using the feature, it SAYS SO. Otherwise, it follows normal spellcasting rules, meaning you must spend a slot to cast it. It never needed to be stated and that's why it was not, in the initial publications.

This isn't NEW.... the only thing new is that they're explicitly putting in extra words to say it, which they don't need to because it's already covered in the existing related rules.

My main complaint, however, is that they were deeply disingenuous about the way in which they spoke about these things...

To be clear, I'm generally pretty positive about most of the race content, which is the focus of this UA; it's interesting, and I'm in favour of more bit being given to backgrounds like this... I still want racial ability score propensities to be present, listed and acknowledged, but on the whole I'm pretty positive about what I'm seeing here. I'm on board for light-grade level 1 feats as part of that too, I think that's great! The mechancial stuff at the bottom end though, no, that's a hot mess in so many way, and I'm looking forward to giving my feedback about that when the forms open.