Originally Posted by Niara
Just checking, but are you aware of Yuan-ti, black_elk? The realms have the perfect sneeple representatives for you already ^.^ (https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Yuan-ti)

Yeah it's my secret fav for a racial archetype and I was excited when Volo dropped some deets on it. Though I think they kinda botched the resistances pretty hard out the gate, I think a cleaned up version is fun and maybe a sleeper hit. The most intriguing aspect to me as that they basically have psychopathy as like a core racial characteristic, being emotionless is entertaining RP potential, with fun connects to like just every world mythology too, since serpents are so universal. The pureblood concept, which definitely does a need better name, is pretty solid in my view. I think ultimately it's just kinda indulging the Cobra commander angle as a more generalized thing, but there's something to it with snake changes and Gorgon call backs. They're a bit more interesting to me than say Orcs. I mean it's kinda debatable how much mileage one can get out of snake people and demon people and animal headed Aasimar people (I feel like that last is sort of a catch-all there, but it kinda works for me), as opposed to more traditionally just getting exciting about Elves and the like hehe... but some players do seem to get a kick out of the idea. There's a fair bit of lore spread across across at least a couple setting they could tap, and in BG3 we got Kagha as a possible example for an alt visual. I like the idea of becoming a hideous snake monster at higher levels, or shedding skins to dissemble as a human, or just a giant snake at the end like Thulsa Doom in Conan the Barbarian hehe. I think og Thulsa Doom was like the prototypical Skeletor, but Milius went more snake with it, which was cool. Feels pretty hallmark D&D me. Anyhow, bit of a digression I guess, but since the UA covers a lot of race stuff.