Spoilering my responses to @Niara and @GM4Him about casting multiple spells per turn, because it's getting off topic
Originally Posted by Niara
...I am also a strong proponent of the more or less arbitrary bonus action casting limitation rule being completely abolished and forgotten about, as long as the restriction remains for quicken spell specifically (without locking out reaction spells on the same turn, too). The universal Ba casting restriction does not need to exist in the 5e system, and only harms enjoyable gameplay.
While we're on this topic, I'll assert that haste (and potions of speed) should not allow you to cast a spell with the extra action, if only to prevent spellcasters from always casting it on themselves.

Originally Posted by GM4Him
But, you know, one player recently said to me, "Magic is about breaking rules - the rules of nature. So why can't it just be unbalanced? Nothing about magic is really "fair" or "balanced". That's what makes it magic."

So what if a player can Misty Step behind a line of enemies and then lightning bolt them in the same turn? Let the mage shine.
That "what" is that D&D and BG3 are party-based games and it doesn't feel good to play character/class that is vastly underpowered relative to other players' characters. Sure, if Larian/WotC want to create a game where you can only play as super-powerful spellcasters, go ahead! These are basically what the DOS games are; fighters get cool spells too. But D&D 5e has fairly normal martials in the mix who will be left behind (even more) if spellcasters are buffed.

...Although, since martials can use spell scrolls in BG3, I suppose BG3 IS a game where everyone's a spellcaster...

Related to this thread's topic and the above, a big fear I have is that separate classes will become even more blurred together in BG3's final release. Everyone can shove/use magic scrolls/easily hide/etc, so there won't be a use for synergy between different classes as every character can do ~everything. I like distinct class roles, thanks.